Position: Production Shift Technician
Salary: £7.72 to £8.97 per hour plus shift allowance
About the position
48 hours per week over 4 x 12 hour shifts. Staggered start and finish times.
Shift allowance: 15%
Overtime: if available at basic hourly rate x 1.5
26.5 shifts annual leave per year (inclusive of bank/statutory holidays)
Pension & Life Cover
The main purpose of the job
To work flexibly, with and within your Team as directed to complete various production, packing and assembly tasks, setting-up and operating production machinery so to deliver the output quality and delivery demand placed upon the manufacturing operation.
Main duties & responsibilities
- To operate machinery and to complete assembly and packing tasks so to manufacture, assemble and pack Company products to meet production output and customer quality and delivery demand.
- To deliver performance to meet the Company's "Customer Service Offer".
- Working cooperatively with your Team to support the effective planning, co-ordination and delivery of production output to meet the demand placed upon the your Team, meeting delivery of production schedule and Company business and policy objectives.
- To ensure the required quality of output is delivered and Customer satisfaction is maintained.
- Working with your Team to maintain solid Team ethic, improving performance and Team performance to increase output and eliminate or reduce the impact of identified problems.
- To maintain in an accurate and timely way appropriate records as required by your Team to record and monitor Production output, Team, Process and Product performance.
- To maintain a high level of housekeeping and ensuring health and safety standards are adhered to for you and your Team, ensuring your Team operates in a safe and healthy environment to within Company policy, practice and legislation.
- To develop and keep up-to-date your own professional knowledge, skills and experience in order to meet current working practices.
- To undertake any activity as directed by the Line Management and within current skill range or training to support the introduction of new activities, attitudes, skills or knowledge and/or the demonstration of professional competence.
- To work co-operatively with your Team, Colleagues and the Business as a whole to deliver business objectives and output.
Experience / Background / Competency
Experience within a production / engineering environment - to include demonstrable knowledge of manufacturing process technology.
Experience of setting, operating and troubleshooting a wide range of production tooling within an Extrusion or Moulding environment is preferable but not essential.
Have the ability to work to plan, delivering production objectives within agreed time scales and costs.
The ability to use IT Systems
Quality Management - to include process management and the ability to adhere to and improve agreed procedures.
If you feel that this role doesn't match your skills and expertise, please visit www.sammons.co.uk for a variety of Permanent, Temporary and Contract vacancies.
We endeavour to reply to all applications. However if you have not heard from us within 7 days you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements placed by The Sammons Group.
The Sammons Group is an Employment Business and Employment Agency as defined by the EAA Regulations 2003, and we abide by the Code of Practice of our industry body (the Recruitment & Employment Confederation - REC).
We are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and welcome applications from candidates regardless of age, belief, disability, ethnic origin/nationality, gender/gender reassignment, marital/civil partnership status, pregnancy/maternity, or sexual orientation - we recruit on the basis of talent. If you require reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We regret that as a recruitment consultancy we are unable to seek visas for applicants not holding current entitlement to work in the UK.