48 hours per week / Shifts 4 x 12 hour shifts per week Nights / Days (2 week rotation)
Benefits: Pension, Life Cover, 26.5 shifts annual leave per year inclusive of statutory / public holidays
- To operate machinery and to complete assembly and packing tasks so to manufacture, assemble and pack Company products to meet production output and customer quality and delivery demand.
- To work with your designated Manager to improve assembly output process and embracing lean principles, lean manufacturing techniques and process improvements in all work tasks, operations and work environment.
- Working cooperatively with your Team to support the effective planning, co-ordination and delivery of production output to meet the demand placed upon your Team, meeting delivery of production schedule and Company business and policy objectives.
- To ensure the required quality of output is delivered and Customer satisfaction is maintained.
- Working with your Team to maintain solid Team ethic, improving performance and Team performance to increase output and eliminate or reduce the impact of identified problems.
- To maintain in an accurate and timely way appropriate records as required by your Team to record and monitor Production output, Team, Process and Product performance.
- Experience within a production / engineering environment - to include demonstrable knowledge of Twin Conical Screw Extrusion Machines, Packing Automation, Co-Extrusion and Ancillary Extrusion Shop Equipment.
- Demonstrable materials processing knowledge of PVC.
- Experience of setting, operating and troubleshooting a wide range of production tooling within a Extrusion environment.
- Production Schedule Management Skills - the ability to work to plan and troubleshoot in delivering production objectives within agreed time scales and costs.
- Quality Management - to include process management and the ability to adhere to and improve agreed procedures
If you feel that this role doesn't match your skills and expertise, please visit our website for a variety of Permanent, Temporary and Contract vacancies.
We endeavour to reply to all applications. However if you have not heard from us within 7 days you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements placed by The Sammons Group.
The Sammons Group is an Employment Business and Employment Agency as defined by the EAA Regulations 2003, and we abide by the Code of Practice of our industry body (the Recruitment & Employment Confederation - REC).
We are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and welcome applications from candidates regardless of age, belief, disability, ethnic origin/nationality, gender/gender reassignment, marital/civil partnership status, pregnancy/maternity, or sexual orientation - we recruit on the basis of talent. If you require reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We regret that as a recruitment consultancy we are unable to seek visas for applicants not holding current entitlement to work in the UK.