40hrs per week: 6am to 2.30pm / 7.30am to 4pm / 2pm to 10.30pm
To take full responsibility of the shift in terms of management of staff. To ensure the smooth running of the production process. To ensure that all products are produced to the customer's specifications and high quality standards. This is a hands on supervisory position.
- To take full responsibility for providing leadership and guidance to a busy production department and for ensuring the organisational effectiveness of the team.
- Ensuring that staff at all times adhere to site safety procedures, quality and H&S.
- Making sure there is always enough production staff to meet production standards.
- Training/coaching teams in best practice methods. And to ensure that training skills are met for the future demands of the shift.
- Making sure the production team remains motivated and are using their time efficiently.
- Assembling and coordinating production staff and maintaining regular and proactive contact with the supervisors and shift managers.
- You will require extensive problem solving skills and be able to ensure that all team members can take fast action to resolve the problem in hand.
- Experience in Production/manufacturing as a supervisor or manager
- Strong supervisory and organisational skills
- High level of attention to detail
- Heavy industry experience
- Management or leadership qualification or extensive experience
- IT skills particularly Word and Excel.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills as interaction at all levels of the business will be required.
- Excellent organisational skills are a must in this fast moving and challenging environment.
- A confident, forward thinking team player.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Full UK Driving License
Other experience that may be an advantage:
- Forklift licence
- Lorry loading experience
- H&S qualification
- Engineering qualification or extensive experience
If you feel that this role doesn't match your skills and expertise, please visit www.sammons.co.uk for a variety of Permanent, Temporary and Contract vacancies.
We endeavour to reply to all applications. However if you have not heard from us within 7 days you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements placed by The Sammons Group.
The Sammons Group is an Employment Business and Employment Agency as defined by the EAA Regulations 2003, and we abide by the Code of Practice of our industry body (the Recruitment & Employment Confederation - REC).
We are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and welcome applications from candidates regardless of age, belief, disability, ethnic origin/nationality, gender/gender reassignment, marital/civil partnership status, pregnancy/maternity, or sexual orientation - we recruit on the basis of talent. If you require reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We regret that as a recruitment consultancy we are unable to seek visas for applicants not holding current entitlement to work in the UK.