Our Client is looking for a committed, loyal Programme Coordinator who has a keen interest in Science/Science Education to join their team of administrators who will be responsible for the day to day coordination and administration of Company projects as required.
The successful candidate will have considerable independence in the arrangement of their own work, working in partnership with the team with minimum supervisory control.
Specific responsibilities include:
Co-ordinating the mailing of the E-Newsletter to contacts on the mailing list including teachers, sponsors, university contact, Members of the Company etc
Developing the website with the Company Manager and ensuring the website is kept up-to-date using WordPress
Managing the Twitter and LinkedIn accounts by posting and responding to mesages as appropriate
Writing articles for the company newsletter
Requesting copy from appropriate people for the Annual COpany Review and editing and distributing the Review as directed
Helping to publicise all the activities of the Company with visits to organisations as appropriate
Liaising with the Press and ensuring that activities receive appropriate press coverage by preparing Press Releases for Compnay events and projects as required
Maintaining and up to date list on the database of Press contacts from both the national and scientific press and sending press release to the appropriate Press contacts
Ensuring invitiations are sent to the appropriate press to attend events and responding to requests for information from both national and local press
Coordination the roll out of Festivals of Chemistry for Year 9 and preapring the appropriate seciton of the website for the Year 9 festival going live
Responding to enquireis about the Festivals from schoolsnand encouraging schools to enter the festivals, processing entries and maintaing contact with the schools
Investigating possible new host universities and confirm wiht previous hosts their willingness to host a Festival
Assisting the company manager with all aspects of planning and cooridinating the Annual Awards Ceremony including invitiation lists, guest list, arranging catering and photography
The Programme Co-ordinator will be expected to assist the Company Manger and liaisie with other PCs As required
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Excellent planning and administrative skills
- Ability to communicate clearly and enthusiastically both internally and with a broad range of stake holders
- Ability to prioritise and manage a variable workload with a flexible approach to work
- Regard for detail, deadlines and delivery
- A self-starter with an ability to work well independently and as a member of a team
- Excellent office skills, including databases and their application, word processing and spreadsheet packages, design packages. Experience of Microsoft Office 2013 and Adobe InDesign - an advantage.
- A degree or equivalent, and a keen interest in science education
- Experience of communications and co-ordinating events.