37.5 hours per week Monday to Friday half hour for lunch
20 days holiday plus bank holidays & 3 days at Christmas, plus birthday off after the 1st year.
Working with agencies & freelancers to help deliver where required: services such as networking, newsletters, member's website, PR, research, legal updates & briefings, working with Government and experts on legislation & VAT. The organisation also run a large number of events, breakfasts and forums during the year including a two-day annual conference, Awards and Summer/Christmas parties. They are continually looking for new ways to add value to the membership and to increase on revenue.
The successful applicant will be working closely with the Director and the small friendly team across all areas. All members of the team will work across member services, answering calls/emails, providing advice and sign-posting and supporting key member activities, including workshops, events and the annual conference.
The position will involve occasional travel to London for meetings and events as required.
The vacancy will focus on all areas of the business and will involve working as part of the team providing day to day business delivery. Ensuring that all projects, events and activities of the business are scoped, managed and delivered effectively, to time and budget, working closely with the Director & other team members.. There is also a large delivery element and in addition to project management the role will appeal to an individual who has a broad business experience with specific marketing, communications and events experience.
- Project management across the business ensuring all projects, products and initiatives are scoped, managed and delivered effectively to time and budget.
- Delivery & co-ordination of key projects and activities as required and agreed including
- twice yearly data analysis.& report Manage the process and time schedule, including liaison and communication with members
- Marketing, events and communication co-ordination including liaison with PR, marketing, research, and design agencies. As well as with the freelance event producer.
- Project manage the Awards process and co-ordinate content, submissions & judging panels
- Develop an evaluation and monitoring process for key deliverables - including effective sign off & proof reading
- To assist with member enquiries, events and day to day delivery and running of the office as required
In conjunction with the Team
- Maintain the monitoring and management system for daily calls & emails
- Executive Group - attending and ensuring smooth running of meetings, including minute taking, sign off and distribution.
- Cleanse, update and manage the databases ensure consistency
- Review and recommend new members processes and systems (including design)
- An exceptional individual who is extremely flexible, hard-working, able to lend their hand to all areas of the business and enjoys a lively office.
- At least two years' experience in a similar role
- A degree is preferred - but not essential as applicants with experience is highly desirable
- Fantastic communication skills both written and verbal
- Flawless organisation and project management skills
- Marketing, communications and events experience
- Excellent working ability with Microsoft Office, Excel, presentation packages.
- Desire to learn and to be part of a small team growing a business and market sector
This position will suit an all-rounder who enjoys variety and has experience of project management, marketing , communications and events, in addition to working hard in an environment where their ideas will make a difference.
If you feel that this role doesn't match your skills and expertise, please visit our website for a variety of Permanent, Temporary and Contract vacancies.
We endeavour to reply to all applications. However if you have not heard from us within 7 days you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements placed by The Sammons Group.
The Sammons Group is an Employment Business and Employment Agency as defined by the EAA Regulations 2003, and we abide by the Code of Practice of our industry body (the Recruitment & Employment Confederation - REC).
We are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and welcome applications from candidates regardless of age, belief, disability, ethnic origin/nationality, gender/gender reassignment, marital/civil partnership status, pregnancy/maternity, or sexual orientation - we recruit on the basis of talent. If you require reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We regret that as a recruitment consultancy we are unable to seek visas for applicants not holding current entitlement to work in the UK.