This is an exciting opportunity for a Project Planning Engineer to join a rapidly growing Engineering company based in Hailsham who specialise in the design and manufacture of bespoke advance process plant equipment.
This is a new position which has been created to support the company's continued growth moving into 2019. You will be assisting with Research and Development projects together with large system orders for new process equipment.
Core Activities, Duties and Key Tasks
- To understand, agree and develop Engineering project objectives
- Assisting with the management of a number of large projects with integrity and diligence and working within UKI Government R&D programmes
- Understanding and organising project requirements including labour, budgets and costings
- Carrying out, evaluating, and understanding risks on project plans, ensuring all aims and quality standards are met
- Monitoring internal work instructions and sub-contractors ensuring all deadlines are hit
- Communicating project plans and objectives to external partners/ stakeholders
- Reporting to the company directors, management team, and funding partners with project progress via review meetings and presentations
- Excellent communication skills
- Previous Project Planning, Management / Business Analysis experience within an engineering facility
- Knowledge of mechanical, vacuum and electrical systems is desirable
- The ability to understand Engineering design requirements, specification documents, and technical drawings
Education and qualifications
- BEng qualification in a relevant Engineering subject is essential
We endeavour to reply to all applications. However if you have not heard from us within 7 days you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements placed by The Sammons Group.
The Sammons Group is an Employment Business and Employment Agency as defined by the EAA Regulations 2003, and we abide by the Code of Practice of our industry body (the Recruitment & Employment Confederation - REC).
We are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and welcome applications from candidates regardless of age, belief, disability, ethnic origin/nationality, gender/gender reassignment, marital/civil partnership status, pregnancy/maternity, or sexual orientation - we recruit on the basis of talent. If you require reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We regret that as a recruitment consultancy we are unable to seek visas for applicants not holding current entitlement to work in the UK.