Previous case handling experience of a minimum of 1 year is essential
Required due to expansion to ensure due diligence in all areas of processing a residential property transaction. To include:-
- Registered properties
- Unregistered properties
Types of transactions to include:-
- New Build
- Right to Buy
- Help to Buy
- Shared Ownership
- Transfer of Equity
- Lease Extensions
- Deeds of Variation
- Deal professionally with other lawyers, Estate Agents and all third parties associated with the transaction.
- Using the OMS to progress cases efficiently and to the timescale set by the Protocol.
- Accountable for all dealings with other lawyers and other legal aspects on all property transactions.
- Assess risk on every transaction by using skills to make pragmatic decisions and to ensure appropriate legal advice is given.
- Take responsibility for the quality of legal advice given on every residential property transaction that is assigned to you.
- Ensure that all activities and tasks required to be performed are undertaken promptly and proactively, prioritising where appropriate and support others to do likewise.
- Keep appropriate and thorough telephone/file notes to accurately record client instructions.
- Undertake problem solving on matters related to the conveyancing process, exhibiting a 'can do' attitude.
- Assess risk on every transaction utilising skills and experience to deliver pragmatic decision making and legal advice.
- Ensure quality legal advice is given on all cases they are responsible for to all clients related to the matter.
- Ensure effective communication and implementation of company policies, procedures, plans and principles.
- Communicate with clients and all third parties professionally and thoughtfully.
- Have a friendly customer service attitude.
- Provide day to day coaching and mentoring for Associate Property Lawyers, and Legal assistants.
- Carry out file reviews prior to exchange of contracts, checking for:
- Accuracy of legal procedures
- Official copies for Registered Proprietors, Legal Charges and Restrictions
- Satisfactory ID and AML information on the file
- File contains correct signed documentation
- Check payment details to include all redemptions.
- Attend regular appraisals to include:
- Yearly Performance Review
- Monthly One to Ones
- CLC Licence for Property Lawyers
- Council of Licensed Conveyancers
- CILEx or
- Law Degree or completed PLC will also be considered
- Previous case handling experience of a minimum of 1 year is essential
- Knowledge and experience of Microsoft Office, especially Word, Excel and Outlook is essential.
- Excellent communication skills, well-spoken and personable; able to get on with diverse personalities
- Friendly and approachable
- Reliable and consistent
- Helpful and positive attitude
- Flexible attitude to working practices and demands
- Responsible, professional and trustworthy
- Good time management and organisational skills
- Good literacy and numeracy skills
- Strong organisation, planning, problem-solving and multi-tasking skills
- Confident, resourceful and practical
- Self-motivated with the ability to work alone or within a team
- Personal commitment to equality and diversity Training
All staff are encouraged to further their personal training and development. The Company has a Learning & Development Department providing a wide range of in-house learning opportunities, including one-to-one job skills. External training is supported by the Company by prior agreement and where appropriate.
If you feel that this role doesn't match your skills and expertise, please visit our website for a variety of Permanent, Temporary and Contract vacancies.
We endeavour to reply to all applications. However if you have not heard from us within 7 days you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements placed by The Sammons Group.
The Sammons Group is an Employment Business and Employment Agency as defined by the EAA Regulations 2003, and we abide by the Code of Practice of our industry body (the Recruitment & Employment Confederation - REC).
We are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and welcome applications from candidates regardless of age, belief, disability, ethnic origin/nationality, gender/gender reassignment, marital/civil partnership status, pregnancy/maternity, or sexual orientation - we recruit on the basis of talent. If you require reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We regret that as a recruitment consultancy we are unable to seek visas for applicants not holding current entitlement to work in the UK.