|Job Title:||Property Manager|
|Location:||Brighton, East Sussex|
|Salary:||£28000 - £30000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Sammons Group|
|Job Published:||October 01, 2019 15:38|
This is an exciting opportunity for a career in an established property management company in Brighton.
Core Activities, Duties and Key Tasks:
Our client is looking for an experienced Property Manager to manage a portfolio of long leasehold residential properties that include both small and large blocks in Brighton and Hove and the surrounding area. You will need to be a good team worker and able to provide high levels of Customer Service. An ability to solve problems, to be pro-active and self-motivated are all key to the success of the role. The role provides training and excellent career progression opportunities are available for the right candidate.
Some specific daily duties will include:
- Budget preparation, review and implementation annually for each block
- Expenditure control, generate purchase orders and authorize payment of all invoices for each block
- Monitoring, carry out regular income and expenditure reviews
- Reporting, prepare regular reports on key management and financial aspects
- Annual accounts, review draft service charge accounts and liaise with the accounts department regarding certification and distribution
- Utilities, monitor billing and consumption and liaise with providers
- Debts, deal with outstanding debts once routine credit control procedures are complete
- Block management, to include client satisfaction, planned maintenance, site inspections, reactive works
- Managing leases, administration, meetings and visits, health and safety, major works, contract management, legal compliance
We are looking for a candidate who fits the following:
- At least 3 years' experience in long leasehold block management
- A good understanding of residential leases, statutory compliance issues and CDM regulations
- Experience of budget management, financial control and delivery of cost efficiencies
- Working knowledge of building management, systems maintenance and repair projects
- Ability to prioritise workload and work under pressure
- Excellent communication skills - written, verbal and presentation of information
- Strong numeracy skills
- Good problem-solving skills
- Ability to analyse information and make recommendations accordingly
- Good IT skills, proficiency in Microsoft programmes
- Full clean driving license
- Knowledge of Qube advantageous
Terms and Benefits:
Salary £28,000 - £30,000 per annum
*Hours 9.00 am to 5:30 pm Monday - Friday although some additional out of hours work might be required from time to time
We endeavour to reply to all applications. However if you have not heard from us within 7 days you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements placed by The Sammons Group.
The Sammons Group is an Employment Business and Employment Agency as defined by the EAA Regulations 2003, and we abide by the Code of Practice of our industry body (the Recruitment & Employment Confederation - REC).
We are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and welcome applications from candidates regardless of age, belief, disability, ethnic origin/nationality, gender/gender reassignment, marital/civil partnership status, pregnancy/maternity, or sexual orientation - we recruit on the basis of talent. If you require reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We regret that as a recruitment consultancy we are unable to seek visas for applicants not holding current entitlement to work in the UK.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's