|Job Title:||PSV Technician|
|Location:||Worthing, West Sussex|
|Salary:||£32000 - £35000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Sammons Group|
|Job Published:||March 10, 2020 11:41|
Position: PSV Technician
Salary: £32,000 to 35,000 DOE
An exciting opportunity for an experienced PSV Technician, to join a prestigious commercial vehicle Dealer based in Eastbourne.
Reporting to the Workshop Controller / Site Manager you will be required to undertake all duties of a vehicle technician by carrying out inspections, repairs, maintenance and installation of components in accordance with the experience, training given and to the standards and quality of the Manufacturer.
- Understand and diagnose faulty components and recommend course of action.
- Carry out inspection, maintenance, repair and installation of components in an efficient manner and per instructions given by Service Reception.
- Ensure that standard times and quality of work is to the manufacturer's standards.
- Ensure that all work carried out and time taken is well documented on the job card to ensure accurate billing to customer.
- Ensure that additional work is reported to Service Reception and authority is obtained before work is commenced.
- Ensure that additional work, which cannot be carried out, is communicated to Service Reception for future booking.
- Ensure that the correct components are requested from the Parts Department and in sufficient time for the job to be carried out.
- Road test vehicles when required and ensure work has been fully completed and will pass quality assurance checks.
- Ensure that vehicles are returned to customers in a clean condition and there is no body damage.
- Support Service Advisor as necessary with technical expertise in explaining to customer work carried out on his vehicle.
- Ensure tools and equipment are maintained in proper working order. Report faulty equipment and remove from workshop.
- Maintain a well organised service 24-hour vehicle, for ease and use for other workshop staff if required.
- If a senior / master technician supervisor, advise and train technicians and apprentices as and when required by the Department.
Minimum of NVQ Level 3 is essential
Salary scale dependent on experience level and qualifications (maintenance, systems, diagnostic)
45-hour week, Monday to Thursday 07:00 to 17:00, Fridays 07.00 to 13:00, no weekends
Overtime rate 1.33
If you feel that this role doesn't match your skills and expertise, please visit our website for a variety of Permanent, Temporary and Contract vacancies.
We endeavour to reply to all applications. However, if you have not heard from us within 7 days you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements placed by The Sammons Group.
The Sammons Group is an Employment Business and Employment Agency as defined by the EAA Regulations 2003, and we abide by the Code of Practice of our industry body (the Recruitment & Employment Confederation - REC).
We are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and welcome applications from candidates regardless of age, belief, disability, ethnic origin/nationality, gender/gender reassignment, marital/civil partnership status, pregnancy/maternity, or sexual orientation - we recruit on the basis of talent. If you require reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We regret that as a recruitment consultancy we are unable to seek visas for applicants not holding current entitlement to work in the UK.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's