2-3 month contract with view to be extended to a further 10 months - Training given
- Receiving order requests from all members of staff Including consumables, waste collections, gas deliveries, maintenance visits etc.
- Obtaining quotes and prices for items from suppliers
- Completing Purchase Order forms
- Placing orders via email/phone/web
- Processing PO paperwork on to Xero finance system
- Receiving items ordered upon arrival & distributing to the correct department, marking receipt of item on the finance system to ensure invoice is processed for payment.
- Processing of purchase invoices & planning invoices for payment
- Dealing with account statements and overdue supplier account letter received
- Responsible for petty cash & accompanying spreadsheet records & processing receipts on to finance system (Xero)
- Mainly responsible for use of Credit/Debit Card Payments & processing payment receipts onto finance system (Xero)
- Preparation of all purchase invoices, petty cash receipts and Credit/Debit card records for month end & liaising with Finance Officer to reconcile and close the accounts each month
- Creation and sending of Non-LIMS invoices each month through finance system (Xero)
Payroll Support side:
- Recording and keeping track of employee's holiday entitlements
- In receipt of employees unplanned leave forms and providing to Financial Controller for payroll each month
- Preparation of employee's overtime figures for payroll each month
- Printing & enveloping employee wage slips & checking overtime and unplanned leave information is accurate
Office Admin side:
- Keeping stock of stationery, inks & toners cleaning cupboard materials
- Organising Servicing & breakdown cover for company vehicles
- Keeping record of supplier, service provider and sub-contractor accreditation certificates
- Organising and booking of fire marshal and first aiders training
- Providing cover/support during peak workloads, sickness & annual leave for:
- Customer Services Officer (SB) including booking courier collections and deliveries & monitoring customer services email address in addition to usual duties answering the telephone and dealing with clients, sending client reports & organising sample collection and delivery requests.
- Finance Officer (SG) Credit Control generating, uploading and sending of sales invoices
If you feel that this role doesn't match your skills and expertise, please visit our website for a variety of Permanent, Temporary and Contract vacancies.
We endeavour to reply to all applications. However if you have not heard from us within 7 days you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements placed by The Sammons Group.
The Sammons Group is an Employment Business and Employment Agency as defined by the EAA Regulations 2003, and we abide by the Code of Practice of our industry body (the Recruitment & Employment Confederation - REC).
We are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and welcome applications from candidates regardless of age, belief, disability, ethnic origin/nationality, gender/gender reassignment, marital/civil partnership status, pregnancy/maternity, or sexual orientation - we recruit on the basis of talent. If you require reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We regret that as a recruitment consultancy we are unable to seek visas for applicants not holding current entitlement to work in the UK.