QA Mechanical Inspector
Salary : £8.50ph
To complete First Article Inspection reports and manage the site gauge calibration system.
Main Responsibilities and Tasks:
- To complete internal FAI reports, ensuring that required turnaround times are achieved.
- To complete Customer FAIRS to the required standard.
- To manage the calibration system for measuring instruments and gauges, ensuring that recorded data is accurate and "out of calibration" gauges are highlighted to the appropriate department.
- To support Quality department in product failure investigations, supplying measurement data as required.
- To assist in other Quality Department activities as required.
- To observe Health and Safety regulations as laid down in company procedures and Government legislation.
- To carry our any other reasonable tasks as may be requested from time to time.
- Assists the Standards Room Quality Engineer.
- Liaison with engineering/production representatives when necessary.
Education, Training and Background Experience:
- Experience in using computer systems is essential
- Must be familiar with mechanical measurement techniques and be able to use electrical and mechanical measuring equipment
- Must be capable of reading BS308 drawings
- Good general education to GCSE level
C&G in Mechanical Engineering or similar technical qualifications would be an advantage
We endeavour to reply to all applications. However if you have not heard from us within 7 days you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements placed by The Sammons Group.
The Sammons Group is an Employment Business and Employment Agency as defined by the EAA Regulations 2003, and we abide by the Code of Practice of our industry body (the Recruitment & Employment Confederation - REC).
We are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and welcome applications from candidates regardless of age, belief, disability, ethnic origin/nationality, gender/gender reassignment, marital/civil partnership status, pregnancy/maternity, or sexual orientation - we recruit on the basis of talent. If you require reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We regret that as a recruitment consultancy we are unable to seek visas for applicants not holding current entitlement to work in the UK.