You will be measuring Instruments and Gauge calibration under supervision of the Standards Room Quality supervisor. Work priority is generally established by Gauge calibration due date. The ability to work on own initiative following the instructions are carried out exactly and efficiently is essential. A generally positive manner is desired, as is a high degree of flexibility.
Main Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Use the calibration System for measuring instruments and gauges, ensuring that recorded data is accurate.
- Highlight to departments any measuring instruments /gauges that are due for, or out of, calibration.
- Highlight to the appropriate department any gauges / measuring instruments that have failed calibration and determine if these need to be replaced.
- To assist in other Quality Department activities as required.
- To maintain quality documentation in an organised and methodical manner.
- To observe Health and Safety regulations as laid down in company procedures and Government legislation.
- To carry out any other reasonable tasks as may be requested from time to time.
Factors Education, Training and Background Experience:
- Must be familiar with mechanical measurement techniques and be able to use electrical and mechanical measuring equipment.
- Must be capable of reading BS8888 (BS308) drawings.
- Experience in using computer systems.
- Good general education to GCSE level.
- Mechanical Engineering qualifications would be an advantage.
If you feel that this role doesn't match your skills and expertise, please visit our website for a variety of Permanent, Temporary and Contract vacancies.
We endeavour to reply to all applications. However if you have not heard from us within 7 days you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements placed by The Sammons Group.
The Sammons Group is an Employment Business and Employment Agency as defined by the EAA Regulations 2003, and we abide by the Code of Practice of our industry body (the Recruitment & Employment Confederation - REC).
We are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and welcome applications from candidates regardless of age, belief, disability, ethnic origin/nationality, gender/gender reassignment, marital/civil partnership status, pregnancy/maternity, or sexual orientation - we recruit on the basis of talent. If you require reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We regret that as a recruitment consultancy we are unable to seek visas for applicants not holding current entitlement to work in the UK.