Quality Control Inspector
|Job Title:||Quality Control Inspector|
|Salary:||£22000 - £26000 per annum + DOE|
|Contact Name:||Sammons Group|
|Job Published:||June 29, 2020 16:26|
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Quality Control Inspector to join a market leading Manufacturing company based in Loughton, Essex.
Hours: 7.30 am to 4.30 pm Monday to Thursday and 7.30 am to 12.30 pm Friday (39 hours per week)
Holidays: 25 days plus bank holidays, plus the option to buy an extra 5 days per year
Additional benefits: Pension, free life assurance, recognition scheme, subsidised canteen and permit parking (free of charge)
Core Activities, Duties and Key Tasks
- Perform product verification to ensure that all products conform to quality standards
- Review, improve and undertake all essential quality activity within assembly, end of line product verification, finishing, packing and parts production
- Analyse and report on the results of quality control tests to ensure that the products remain within specification
- Resolve non-conforming product issues and define interim and long-term measures to prevent re-occurrence
- Create and maintain written documentation such as build notes, working instructions, verification lists, control checklists, in line with standard operating procedures
- Ensure the accuracy and traceability of all works orders throughout
- Conduct and promote continuous improvement, lean activities and best practice with a view to improving the quality of products, processes and services
- Maintain inspection facilities and equipment to a high standard, including calibration control
Skills, knowledge & Experience
- An Engineering qualification, minimum of level 4 BTEC in Quality, or relevant discipline.
- Good knowledge of Assembly and Final Inspection of Electro-Mechanical Products.
- Able to read and understand engineering drawings and electrical diagrams.
- Practical knowledge of modern Quality processes (Six-Sigma, PDCA, SPC, etc.)
- Experience in a similar role, preferably within an Automotive or Manufacturing background
- Good understanding of Mechanical and Electrical Engineering
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing techniques
- Effective team player with a flexible and adaptable attitude.
- Possessing good documentation and reporting skills with attention to detail.
- Able to focus on tasks until completion, with high personal standards for quality of work.
- Innovative and keen to learn, with a desire for continuous improvement.
We endeavour to reply to all applications. However if you have not heard from us within 7 days you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements placed by The Sammons Group.
The Sammons Group is an Employment Business and Employment Agency as defined by the EAA Regulations 2003, and we abide by the Code of Practice of our industry body (the Recruitment & Employment Confederation - REC).
We are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and welcome applications from candidates regardless of age, belief, disability, ethnic origin/nationality, gender/gender reassignment, marital/civil partnership status, pregnancy/maternity, or sexual orientation - we recruit on the basis of talent. If you require reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We regret that as a recruitment consultancy we are unable to seek visas for applicants not holding current entitlement to work in the UK.