- To perform first article inspection of assembly piece parts and final product using a range of contact and non-contact measuring equipment.
- To undertake calibration measurements and maintain calibration records of company owned production tools and equipment.
- To perform technical investigation of failed assemblies and in liaison with Engineering personnel to establish failure modes.
- To co-ordinate the completion of corrective action reports into quality issues working with members of other departments as required.
- To maintain quality documentation in a neat and methodical manner.
- To assist in other Quality Department activities as required.
- To observe Health and Safety regulations as laid down in company procedures and Government legislation.
- To carry out any other reasonable tasks as may be requested from time to time
Education, Training And Background Experience:
- Experience in using computer systems is essential.
- Must be familiar with mechanical measurement techniques and be able to use electrical and mechanical measuring equipment.
- Must be capable of reading BS8888 (BS308) drawings.
- Good general education to GCSE level.
- HNC/HND in Mechanical Engineering or similar technical qualifications would be an advantage
- Producing and filling in a component FAIR
- Producing and filling in a full AS9102 FAIR
- Routine for accepting components
- Routine for rejecting components
- Use of the OGP, ULM, hardness tester, surf tester, general inspection equipment in standards room, gauge systems, visual FAIR, inspection registers, Genesis, PDM, Lotus and printers & scanners
- Location of standard files on G drive
If you feel that this role doesn't match your skills and expertise, please visit our website for a variety of Permanent, Temporary and Contract vacancies.
We endeavour to reply to all applications. However if you have not heard from us within 7 days you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements placed by The Sammons Group.
The Sammons Group is an Employment Business and Employment Agency as defined by the EAA Regulations 2003, and we abide by the Code of Practice of our industry body (the Recruitment & Employment Confederation - REC).
We are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and welcome applications from candidates regardless of age, belief, disability, ethnic origin/nationality, gender/gender reassignment, marital/civil partnership status, pregnancy/maternity, or sexual orientation - we recruit on the basis of talent. If you require reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We regret that as a recruitment consultancy we are unable to seek visas for applicants not holding current entitlement to work in the UK.