|Job Title:||Quality Engineer|
|Location:||Hastings, East Sussex|
|Salary:||Up to £35000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Sammons Group|
|Job Published:||June 20, 2019 02:10|
- To manage the returns to supplier, using SAP Returns process and to liaise with supplier representatives as required,
- To Champion problem solving & Root Cause analysis activities & effectiveness of supplier 8D and Corrective Action and communicate feedback to relevant parties internally and externally.
- To support the Global team on data requests.
- To support on supplier visits to audit their manufacturing and control systems. In addition, visits are used to ensure that corrective and preventative actions are effective.
- To oversee Suppliers performance on Quality and offer support in the development of suppliers towards achieving Preferred and Ship-to-stock status in association with the Purchasing Function (Quality Improvement plans)
- To manage and support the Goods-in workload on a daily basis
- To make inspection level and Ship to stock decisions & update SAP accordingly.
- Lead in the approval of supplier FAI reports to AS9100 standard, log accepted FAI reports into the log system.
- Promote and Drive "Zero Defect" mentality within the supply base in the use of such as Lean, Six-Sigma, Poka-Yoke (Error Proofing), Measurement System Analysis, Advance Product and Quality Planning (APQP) Statistical Process control (SPC) and Process Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (PFMEA) with suppliers.
- HNC/HND in Mechanical Engineering or similar technical qualifications is essential
- Formal training in Quality Management System auditing. - AS9100 & ISO9000 is desirable
- Experience in using computer systems is essential
- Must be familiar with mechanical measurement techniques and be able to use electrical and mechanical measuring equipment
- Must be capable of reading BS8888 (BS308) drawings
- Qualifications and experience in auditing is desirable
- Process control knowledge and implementation experience (PFMEA, SPC, CPK, Gage R & R, Control plans etc.)
- Ability to travel (in UK)
If you feel that this role doesn't match your skills and expertise, please visit our website for a variety of Permanent, Temporary and Contract vacancies.
We endeavour to reply to all applications. However if you have not heard from us within 7 days you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements placed by The Sammons Group.
The Sammons Group is an Employment Business and Employment Agency as defined by the EAA Regulations 2003, and we abide by the Code of Practice of our industry body (the Recruitment & Employment Confederation - REC).
We are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and welcome applications from candidates regardless of age, belief, disability, ethnic origin/nationality, gender/gender reassignment, marital/civil partnership status, pregnancy/maternity, or sexual orientation - we recruit on the basis of talent. If you require reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We regret that as a recruitment consultancy we are unable to seek visas for applicants not holding current entitlement to work in the UK.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's