|Job Title:||Quality Engineer|
|Location:||Hastings, East Sussex|
|Salary:||£30000 - £35000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Sammons Group|
|Job Published:||May 05, 2021 15:36|
Position: Quality Engineer
Salary: £30,000 - £35,000
We are recruiting for a Quality Manager to join this great client, a consumer electronics firm based in Hastings.
Tasks Summary & Responsibilities
- Ensure that Customer (both internal and external) quality queries are dealt with promptly, efficiently and professionally.
- Lead PPSR and FRB processes, driving a right first time culture and build in quality ethos.
- Support designated Value stream effectively to enable high customer service and business goal achievement.
- To maintain quality documentation in a neat and methodical manner, both in paper copy and or electronically.
- Conduct defect investigations and present written preventative and corrective actions using the internal complaints handling system. *
Conduct audits of manufacturing and control systems.
- Liaise with the other departments to ensure that corrective actions and/or reworks are undertaken and that actions and/or reports are produced in a timely manner
- To assist in other Quality Department activities, to include, but not limited to, daily KPI measures, creating return notifications for Suppliers and Internal rework.
- Observe and comply with Health and Safety regulations as laid down in company procedures and Government legislation.
- Carry out any reasonable tasks as directed by the business from time to time.
What your background should look like:
Education * ONC or C&G in Mechanical Engineering or similar technical qualifications
- A good basic standard of education is required, preferably GCSE.
Experience * Ideally will have had experience in a factory warehouse environment
Knowledge & Skills * Computer literate; ability to use varying internal systems.
- Must be familiar with mechanical measurement techniques and be able to use electrical and mechanical equipment.
- Ability to read BS308 drawings.
- Understanding of FMEA (Failure Mode Effects Analysis).
- Understand the development of control plans.
If you feel that this role doesn't match your skills and expertise, please visit our website for a variety of Permanent, Temporary and Contract vacancies.
We endeavour to reply to all applications. However if you have not heard from us within 7 days you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements placed by The Sammons Group.
The Sammons Group is an Employment Business and Employment Agency as defined by the EAA Regulations 2003, and we abide by the Code of Practice of our industry body (the Recruitment & Employment Confederation - REC).
We are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and welcome applications from candidates regardless of age, belief, disability, ethnic origin/nationality, gender/gender reassignment, marital/civil partnership status, pregnancy/maternity, or sexual orientation - we recruit on the basis of talent. If you require reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We regret that as a recruitment consultancy we are unable to seek visas for applicants not holding current entitlement to work in the UK.