Temporary Quality Inspector
Salary: £8.00 ph
This temporary position focuses on the requirement to carry out First Article Inspection Reports (FAIR). You will calibrate and verify company components/tooling and manage the measurement equipment and calibration records.
- Organise Quality Engineering function to ensure that customer (both internal and external) quality queries are dealt with promptly, efficiently and professionally.
- Periodically audit work outputs from other departments to ensure customer requirements are accurately captured.
- Conduct defect investigations, presenting written preventative and corrective actions.
- Liaise with other departments to ensure that corrective actions and/or reworks are undertaken, and reporting of this is produced in a timely manner.
- Provide training in quality matters to other departments as required.
- Review and analyse scrap and customer returns data, communicating results to manufacturing departments to support continuous improvement activities.
- Oversee product release requirements in line with customer specifications.
- Act as lead point for any quality department involvement in new product introduction teams.
- Deputise for the Quality Manager and assist in other Quality Department activities as required.
- Observe Health and Safety regulations as laid down in company procedures and government legislation.
- Promptly carry out first off, tooling and other inspections to AS9102 company procedures and customer/company drawing specifications.
- Manage the calibration and inspection of company gauging, measurement equipment and production aids.
- Maintain quality documentation in a neat and methodical manner.
- Any other reasonable task as requested from time to time.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND BACKGROUND EXPERIENCE
- Experience in using computer systems is essential
- Must be familiar with mechanical measurement techniques and be able to use electrical and mechanical measuring equipment·
- Must be capable of reading BS8888 drawings
- Good general education to GCSE level
- ONC or C & G in Mechanical Engineering or similar technical qualifications would be an advantage
Please only apply to our job vacancies if you live within a commutable distance to the job location, or if you are in the process of relocating to the said location.
We endeavour to reply to all applications. However if you have not heard from us within 7 days you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements placed by The Sammons Group.
The Sammons Group is an Employment Business and Employment Agency as defined by the EAA Regulations 2003, and we abide by the Code of Practice of our industry body (the Recruitment & Employment Confederation - REC).
We are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and welcome applications from candidates regardless of age, belief, disability, ethnic origin/nationality, gender/gender reassignment, marital/civil partnership status, pregnancy/maternity, or sexual orientation - we recruit on the basis of talent. If you require reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We regret that as a recruitment consultancy we are unable to seek visas for applicants not holding current entitlement to work in the UK.