R & D Technician
|Job Title:||R & D Technician|
|Location:||Rye, East Sussex|
|Salary:||Up to £24000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Sammons Group|
|Job Published:||October 07, 2020 12:30|
Position: R&D Technician
We are recruiting for an R&D Technician to join a busy industrial plant based in Rye. This is a permanent role, working across the following alternating shift pattern:
0630-1500hrs Monday (alternate weeks)
0700-1530hrs Tuesday - Friday (alternate weeks)
0930-1800hrs Monday - Friday (alternate weeks)
You must drive and have access to your own transport, due to the location of the site.
- Perform Quality Control analysis
- Maintain Laboratory Records
- Issue of Laboratory reports as required by Works Procedures
- Maintain good housekeeping & cleaning standards within the Laboratory area
- Maintain the Laboratory Store in a safe and efficient manner
- Sample and dispatch materials after a satisfactorily analysis has been completed
- The Calibration of all Laboratory Test Equipment
- Weighbridge administration support
- Process operator training
- Waste water management
- Drumming support
- Process operational support/shift support
- Reporting of near miss, accidents, and incidents on Workbench
- L8 Compliance of cooling towers & domestic showers
- Boiler water sampling & analysis
- Submitting continuous improvement suggestions to reduce accidents, incidents or to raise profitability on site
- Lab scale R&D investigative & project exercises.
A background in chemistry/lab based work is essential for this role, and you will ideally have an understanding of waste management, although this is not essential. R&D lab experience will be very beneficial.
If you feel that this role doesn't match your skills and expertise, please visit our website for a variety of Permanent, Temporary and Contract vacancies.
We endeavour to reply to all applications. However if you have not heard from us within 7 days you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements placed by The Sammons Group.
The Sammons Group is an Employment Business and Employment Agency as defined by the EAA Regulations 2003, and we abide by the Code of Practice of our industry body (the Recruitment & Employment Confederation - REC).
We are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and welcome applications from candidates regardless of age, belief, disability, ethnic origin/nationality, gender/gender reassignment, marital/civil partnership status, pregnancy/maternity, or sexual orientation - we recruit on the basis of talent. If you require reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We regret that as a recruitment consultancy we are unable to seek visas for applicants not holding current entitlement to work in the UK.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's