We require an experienced Receptionist for our busy client based in Tunbridge Wells. As the guests' first port of call, you will be well-presented with excellent customer service skills, and the ability to ensure customer satisfaction.
Duties will include:
- Handling check ins/check outs
- Converting telephone enquiries into bookings and processing accordingly
- Directing conference and event attendees to meeting rooms
- Handling guest queries over the telephone and via email
- Effective call and message handling
- Making dinner reservations and support with booking activities
- Completing daily breakfast / occupancy reports
- Daily liaison with the housekeeping department
- Dealing with conference and event enquiries, and being able to assist confidently in showing facilities
- Assisting guests with information regarding the local area and amenities
- Being knowledgeable with regards to conference and event facilities
- Achieving sales and occupancy targets, and ensuring bookings are completed daily
- Managing daily room allocations and checking unconfirmed bookings
- Co-ordinating group bookings including room listing and payments
- Attending training sessions and meetings when required
- Dealing with potential Health and Safety issues
This Receptionist role will require good working knowledge of computer applications such as Microsoft Office, excellent attention to detail and a diligent approach, ability to work under pressure in a busy environment. You must be enthusiastic with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Due to location, the suitable applicant must have own transport.
If you feel that this role doesn't match your skills and expertise, please visit our website for a variety of Permanent, Temporary and Contract vacancies.
We endeavour to reply to all applications. However if you have not heard from us within 7 days you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements placed by The Sammons Group.
The Sammons Group is an Employment Business and Employment Agency as defined by the EAA Regulations 2003, and we abide by the Code of Practice of our industry body (the Recruitment & Employment Confederation - REC).
We are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and welcome applications from candidates regardless of age, belief, disability, ethnic origin/nationality, gender/gender reassignment, marital/civil partnership status, pregnancy/maternity, or sexual orientation - we recruit on the basis of talent. If you require reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We regret that as a recruitment consultancy we are unable to seek visas for applicants not holding current entitlement to work in the UK.