|Location:||Tunbridge Wells, Kent|
|Salary:||£21000 - £23000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Sammons Group|
|Job Published:||March 09, 2020 13:37|
THIS IS A TEMPORARY OR PERMANENT POSITION.
Our client is looking for someone to play a vital role in the everyday operation of their front of house department. You will be responsible for creating the first impression for all guests, for greeting them and making them feel welcome. This role requires excellent customer facing approach with exceptional levels of customer service skills.
- Greet all guests on arrival
- Manage luggage collection/delivery
- Manage all check ins/outs
- Answering guest queries be they by phone or email, in line with company policy
- Effective call handling, being able to transfer a call to the relevant department and to take and effective message.
- Actively making dinner reservations for all hotel guests, arranging transport and dry cleaning when necessary
- Manage any ad hoc requests
- Have a good knowledge of the local amenities and be able to direct guests to local tourist sites.
- Assist with group bookings including, room listing and payments
- To take part in scheduled training and to proactively take part in relevant hotel meetings
- To have extensive knowledge of all hotel facilities
- Identifying and removing potential H&S hazards
This job description is not exhaustive and other duties and responsibilities of a similar level and nature may be required from time to time.
- Customer service.
- Previous Boutique hotel reception experience or customer service skills acquired in a 4/5* hotel style environment (preferred / essential)
Key Skills and Knowledge:
- Knowledge of computer applications is essential - Microsoft outlook/excel/office
- Close attention to detail with a structured approach to a task
- An ability to work under pressure
- Be well spoken with excellent written and communication skills
- Be self-motivated, maintaining high levels of enthusiasm
- Must have a high level of spoken English
Shifts: working 5 out of 7 days, shifts between 7:00am - 11pm including weekends
Early Shift: 7am-4pm (1-hour lunch)
Middle Shift: 9am-6pm (1-hour Lunch)
Late Shift: 2pm-11pm (1-hour lunch)
One full weekend worked per month
If you feel that this role doesn't match your skills and expertise, please visit our website for a variety of Permanent, Temporary and Contract vacancies.
We endeavour to reply to all applications. However if you have not heard from us within 7 days you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements placed by The Sammons Group.
The Sammons Group is an Employment Business and Employment Agency as defined by the EAA Regulations 2003, and we abide by the Code of Practice of our industry body (the Recruitment & Employment Confederation - REC).
We are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and welcome applications from candidates regardless of age, belief, disability, ethnic origin/nationality, gender/gender reassignment, marital/civil partnership status, pregnancy/maternity, or sexual orientation - we recruit on the basis of talent. If you require reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We regret that as a recruitment consultancy we are unable to seek visas for applicants not holding current entitlement to work in the UK.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's