Purpose of Position:
The Internal Research & Development (IR&D) Lead Engineer is accountable for the delivery of the IR&D programme to meet the evolving business need. The successful candidate will be required to plan, lead and influence the multi-disciplinary IR&D engineering activities, in order to achieve the required business outcomes in an agile and effective manner. This role would suit a high calibre engineer with a desire to progress into an engineering leadership role, while developing their engineering capability. Applicants need to have understanding and experience of Agile development methods.
- Successfully lead the IR&D projects to achieve cost, schedule and quality targets
- Contribute towards the IR&D engineering activities in their area of expertise
- Monitor team progress and proactively address emerging issues
- Leadership/management of the multi-disciplinary IR&D team
- Prepare and present monthly and quarterly status updates on progress in Microsoft PowerPoint, to internal and external stakeholders
- Coordinate activities in support of future IR&D planning
- Strong understanding and experience of the full engineering development lifecycle, with breadth spanning Hardware, Firmware, Software and Mechanical development as well as the supporting disciplines of Safety, Security, Support and Training.
- Demonstrable experience of planning, leading and implementing development projects
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- High levels of personal motivation, integrity and professionalism
- Flexibility, commitment to delivery, and innovation
- Be proactive and responsive in a dynamic work environment
- Understanding and experience of Agile development methods
- Demonstrable experience relevant to the knowledge and skills defined above
- Hold, or be capable of holding appropriate Security Clearance
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent experience
- Professional registration as a Chartered Engineer would be desirable
If you feel that this role doesn't match your skills and expertise, please visit www.sammons.co.uk for a variety of Permanent, Temporary and Contract vacancies.
We endeavour to reply to all applications. However if you have not heard from us within 7 days you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements placed by The Sammons Group.
The Sammons Group is an Employment Business and Employment Agency as defined by the EAA Regulations 2003, and we abide by the Code of Practice of our industry body (the Recruitment & Employment Confederation - REC).
We are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and welcome applications from candidates regardless of age, belief, disability, ethnic origin/nationality, gender/gender reassignment, marital/civil partnership status, pregnancy/maternity, or sexual orientation - we recruit on the basis of talent. If you require reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We regret that as a recruitment consultancy we are unable to seek visas for applicants not holding current entitlement to work in the UK.