This is an exciting opportunity for a Caretaker to work in several blocks of flats in Eastbourne.
Terms and Benefits
Salary £14,500 plus the benefit of a 1 bed flat with most bills paid after completion of a probationary period.
*Hours 8 am to 4 pm Monday - Friday including a 1 hour break for lunch and 2 coffee breaks
Saturday 8am - 12.15pm including 1 coffee break
Some specific daily duties will include:
- Cleaning of all communal parts of the buildings and grounds including entrances, staircases, landings, passages, lifts, bin area, lift motor rooms, common stores, drives and parking areas, drains and gullies
- General maintenance
- To ensure the security of the buildings
- Ensuring that Health and Safety regulations are observed
- To ensure that plant and equipment are always fully functioning
- Ensure that emergencies outside normal working hours are dealt with and contractors instructed, where applicable
- Ensure that the lights to the common parts are working, replace defective lamps and test emergency lights monthly
- Carry out any minor works or repairs or decorations that may arise
- Inspect common areas daily
- Responsibility for ensuring clear and safe pedestrian access to and from the building (particularly in adverse weather conditions)
- Maintain a logbook and keep a record of all visits of buildings, contractors, surveyors and other visitors
- Deliver notes and newsletters to all flats when requested to do so
We are looking for a candidate who fits the following:
- Honest and trustworthy
- Ability to work alone and unsupervised
- Flexible attitude to work
We endeavour to reply to all applications. However if you have not heard from us within 7 days you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements placed by The Sammons Group.
The Sammons Group is an Employment Business and Employment Agency as defined by the EAA Regulations 2003, and we abide by the Code of Practice of our industry body (the Recruitment & Employment Confederation - REC).
We are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and welcome applications from candidates regardless of age, belief, disability, ethnic origin/nationality, gender/gender reassignment, marital/civil partnership status, pregnancy/maternity, or sexual orientation - we recruit on the basis of talent. If you require reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We regret that as a recruitment consultancy we are unable to seek visas for applicants not holding current entitlement to work in the UK.