This is an exciting opportunity for a Residential Property Assistant to join a firm of solicitors near Heathfield.
Core Activities, Duties and Key Tasks
- Financial control regarding cashflow through to collection of monies on account and billing procedures
- Producing quality documentation using Microsoft Office applications
- Preparation of searches and Land Registry documents
- Use of Bighand Digital Dictation system
- Ensuring reminders are actioned
- Opening, organising, and filing paperwork
- Ability to understand computer ledger accounts and knowledge of solicitors' accounts rules
- Telephone work with clients, internally and with other professionals
- Liaising with clients and estate agents to deal with queries
- Tracking of tasks and commitments
- Booking and co-ordinating meetings
- Diary management
- Opening and closing case files
- General file management and case tracking
- Raising bills and liaising with the accounts department
- Attending team meetings
- Assisting with maintenance of documentation, spreadsheets and legal databases
- Completing stamp duty and land registry forms
- Drafting contract documentation
- Post completion paperwork
- Dealing with Land Registry
- 2 years' experience as a Legal Secretary/Assistant within a Conveyancing department
- Demonstrate excellent client care with an empathetic and professional approach
- Be a strong team player with the ability to work under your own initiative
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Strong organisational skills and attention to detail
- Able to build strong relationships internally and externally
- Always maintain discretion
- Confident, enthusiastic, committed and flexible
- Works well under pressure
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
£20,000 - £25,000 DOE
Hours of work
8.30am to 5.00pm Monday to Friday with one hour for lunch
We endeavour to reply to all applications. However, if you have not heard from us within 7 days you have been unsuccessful with this role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements placed by The Sammons Group.
The Sammons Group is an Employment Business and Employment Agency as defined by the EAA Regulations 2003, and we abide by the Code of Practice of our industry body (the Recruitment & Employment Confederation - REC).
We are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and welcome applications from candidates regardless of age, belief, disability, ethnic origin/nationality, gender/gender reassignment, marital/civil partnership status, pregnancy/maternity, or sexual orientation - we recruit on the basis of talent. If you require reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We regret that as a recruitment consultancy we are unable to seek visas for applicants not holding current entitlement to work in the UK.