Residential Support Worker
|Job Title:||Residential Support Worker|
|Location:||Seaford, East Sussex|
|Salary:||Up to £16925 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Sammons Group|
|Job Published:||March 17, 2020 10:49|
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a full-time Residential Support Worker - Term Time Only based in Seaford. The purpose of the role is to support the social and academic learning activities of residents, both in the residential houses and whilst out in community.
Core Activities, Duties and Key Tasks
- Ensuring that the educational, social, emotional, and learning needs of all students are met, promoting the rights of residents to be treated with dignity and respect
- Establish and encourage supportive relationships with residents
- Support resident young people in making their own choices and decisions
- Ensure the protection of residents from significant harm, by exercising vigilance, observing changes in the residents' behaviour or appearance, and complying fully with company policies
- Assist residents with self-care independence skills incl. eating/drinking, washing, bathing, using the toilet or managing incontinence, dressing/undressing, mobility and transport, getting up and going to bed, and the administration of medication
- Participate in the assessment, development, implementation and review of placement/support plans for resident young people
- Act as a key worker for named young people; take responsibility for the development, implementation, monitoring and review of placement/support plans
- Promote the educational attainment of resident by contributing to the development of Individual Learning Plans and supporting them in working towards agreed targets
- Support residents in accessing appropriate leisure activities on site and off site
- Assisting with the assessment, development, implementation and review of programmes aimed at enabling resident young people to manage their challenging behaviour including undertaking risk assessments
- Liaising with social services and relevant health departments
- Participate in the practical running of the resident's accommodation, maintaining high standards of hygiene and cleanliness, sharing in shopping, meal planning and preparation, washing up and laundry as part of the learners' independent living skills
- Support new staff during their induction periods
- Attend supervision sessions and meetings as required
- GCSE or equivalent English, Maths & ICT
- Commitment to working with young people with Learning Disabilities and/or challenging behaviour
- Willingness to develop knowledge and understanding around behaviour and having a non-judgemental approach
- Knowledge of learning disabilities
- Willingness and physical capability to use Physical Interventions once fully trained
- Ability to keep accurate and detailed records
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Commitment to keep personal absence levels to an absolute minimum
- NVQ in Health & Social Care or equivalent
- Relevant experience in health & social care, mental health, or educational settings
- Knowledge of managing challenging behaviour
£16,925 - 38 weeks per year + 5 inset days
We endeavour to reply to all applications. However, if you have not heard from us within 7 days you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements placed by The Sammons Group.
The Sammons Group is an Employment Business and Employment Agency as defined by the EAA Regulations 2003, and we abide by the Code of Practice of our industry body (the Recruitment & Employment Confederation - REC).
We are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and welcome applications from candidates regardless of age, belief, disability, ethnic origin/nationality, gender/gender reassignment, marital/civil partnership status, pregnancy/maternity, or sexual orientation - we recruit on the basis of talent. If you require reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We regret that as a recruitment consultancy we are unable to seek visas for applicants not holding current entitlement to work in the UK.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's