This is an exciting opportunity for a Residential Support Worker to work 40 hours per week (term time only) based in Seaford.
- Support residents entering the organisation for the first time, moving between units or leaving the service
- Assist residents with self-care skills, eating, drinking, washing and bathing etc.
- Participate in the assessment, development, implementation and review of support plans for young people
- Act as a key worker for residents
- Participate in the promotion of the health, welfare, emotional and social development needs of residents
- Ensure that care files are updated, accurate and maintained
- Relevant experience in health and social care, medical, mental health or educational settings for a minimum of 2 years
- Commitment to work with young people with learning disabilities and/or challenging behaviour
- Willingness to undertake personal care where required
Education and qualifications
- Diploma or NVQ3 in Health & Social Care or equivalent desirable
- GCSE or equivalent English, Maths & ICT
- Vocational Experience
Benefits and conditions
- £16,925.00 salary plus £452.05 Seaford weighting (pro rata)
- 40 hours per week as per rota
- 38 weeks per year, all school holidays off
- Develop your career and have access to numerous training opportunities
- Entitled to a free health cash plan (including dental, optical, physiotherapy, health checks and more)
- Work in an active, challenging and dynamic environment
- The opportunity to utilise your own talents and interests
- Join a highly supportive staff team
We endeavour to reply to all applications. However, if you have not heard from us within 7 days you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements placed by The Sammons Group.
The Sammons Group is an Employment Business and Employment Agency as defined by the EAA Regulations 2003, and we abide by the Code of Practice of our industry body (the Recruitment & Employment Confederation - REC).
We are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and welcome applications from candidates regardless of age, belief, disability, ethnic origin/nationality, gender/gender reassignment, marital/civil partnership status, pregnancy/maternity, or sexual orientation - we recruit on the basis of talent. If you require reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We regret that as a recruitment consultancy we are unable to seek visas for applicants not holding current entitlement to work in the UK.