Residential Team Leader
|Job Title:||Residential Team Leader|
|Location:||Seaford, East Sussex|
|Salary:||Up to £25000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Sammons Group|
|Job Published:||March 19, 2019 17:26|
This is an exciting opportunity for a Residential Team Leader with OFSTED experience to work term time only.
Core Activities, Duties and Key Tasks
The Residential Team Leader shall be responsible for the following:
Ensure that residents are treated with dignity and respect in every aspect of their lives
Establish, promote and maintain supportive relationships with residents and encourage the development of stable relationships between:
- residents and other staff
- residents and their families and friends
- other residents and peers
Ensure the emotional health and self-esteem of residents at all times and support them through changes in living circumstances and personal relationships.
Encourage and support your team to enable residents to make their own choices and decisions to the maximum of their capability.
Ensure that the needs and wishes of residents are fully considered in any decision relating to them.
Ensure the protection of residents from significant harm, by exercising vigilance, observing changes in the residents' behaviour or appearance, and complying fully with the Safeguarding Policy, Professional Boundaries Policy and any Protection Plans
To act as direct line manager to the Lead Residential Support Workers as agreed with the Care Manager
- Relevant experience in health & social care, medical, mental health or educational settings
- Commitment to working with young people with learning disabilities and challenging behaviour
- Willingness to undertake personal/intimate care tasks where required
- Experience of managing a team of staff including offering good quality supervision
Education and qualifications
- Diploma or NVQ3 in Health and Social Care or equivalent
- Willingness and commitment to achieve Diploma in Health and Social Care level 3
- Competence in literacy, numeracy and ICT skills
- Vocational experience
- Willingness to participate in job related training and utilise the skills & techniques learnt within day to day role.
- Clean driving licence and a willingness to drive organisational vehicles once training has been completed.
- Management experience
We endeavour to reply to all applications. However if you have not heard from us within 7 days you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements placed by The Sammons Group.
The Sammons Group is an Employment Business and Employment Agency as defined by the EAA Regulations 2003, and we abide by the Code of Practice of our industry body (the Recruitment & Employment Confederation - REC).
We are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and welcome applications from candidates regardless of age, belief, disability, ethnic origin/nationality, gender/gender reassignment, marital/civil partnership status, pregnancy/maternity, or sexual orientation - we recruit on the basis of talent. If you require reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We regret that as a recruitment consultancy we are unable to seek visas for applicants not holding current entitlement to work in the UK.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's