An excellent opportunity has arisen to work for a full service A La Carte Restaurant.
To ensure the efficient day-to-day running of the Restaurant. Delivering the highest possible standard of service, whilst being pro-active in maintaining and/or improving turnover and profitability. Reporting directly to the General Manager.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Setting up and managing the Restaurant per shift
- Actively overseeing all other business in-house, including functions and events
- Key holder responsibilities including the opening and closing of the building, ensuring the building is secure at all times
- To ensure all staff are well briefed on their responsibilities and are given constant supervision and motivation on all aspects of their work
- Report staffing issues or concerns to the HR department and ensure company staffing policies, procedures and targets are adhered to
- Attending team and staff meetings as appropriate
- Support a culture of pride, ownership and desire to exceed expectations
- To foster a culture of flexibility
- Responding quickly and positively to changing requirements in order to meet business demands
- Facilitate the creation of business strategies and regular strategy update meetings
- Understand relevant Health & Safety legislation and the implications on the business. Implementing action as instructed by management
- Ensure a safe workplace by regular checks and identifying and reporting hazards and ensuring correct actions to remedy are taken
- Be fully aware of fire, bomb and evacuation procedures for all departments, the building, colleagues and guests
- Escalate all food hygiene issues to the General Manager to deploy all necessary resources to protect reputation and integrity of the business
- Attend in-house and external training as instructed by management
- Ensure all staff work hygienically and productively
- To provide a clear handover during shift changes and ensure each shift is reviewed and handovers/briefings are carried out
Supervisory and Restaurant/Bar experience required.
- Secondary education
If you feel that this role doesn't match your skills and expertise, please visit www.sammons.co.uk for a variety of Permanent, Temporary and Contract vacancies.
We endeavour to reply to all applications. However if you have not heard from us within 7 days you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements placed by The Sammons Group.
The Sammons Group is an Employment Business and Employment Agency as defined by the EAA Regulations 2003, and we abide by the Code of Practice of our industry body (the Recruitment & Employment Confederation - REC).
We are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and welcome applications from candidates regardless of age, belief, disability, ethnic origin/nationality, gender/gender reassignment, marital/civil partnership status, pregnancy/maternity, or sexual orientation - we recruit on the basis of talent. If you require reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We regret that as a recruitment consultancy we are unable to seek visas for applicants not holding current entitlement to work in the UK.