My client are a market leading Manufacturing Company based in West London who require an experienced Sales Administrator on a permanent basis.
In this position, you will be the first point of telephone and face-to-face contact for the company's clients and visitors. You will also be responsible for providing administrative support to the office and workshop.
The working hours for this role are Monday - Thursday: 8.30am - 5.00pm & Friday: 8.00am - 4.30pm
Core Activities, Duties and Key Tasks
Reception and Admin
- Handling all incoming calls including occasional "challenging" clients and subcontractors
- Dealing with basic queries and questions about products and services
- Entering and initiating new website and email orders at the start of the production process
- Entering jobs into Job Tracking System ensuring tasks are assigned to the correct people
- Monitoring own tasks in the Job Tracking system and completing in a timely manner
- Obtaining quotations from suppliers and subcontractors and chasing them for responses
- Producing quotes for products
- Gathering supplier stock prices for speedier quoting by estimators
- Performing pre-dispatch checks
- Handling any non-delivery and subsequent insurance claims
- Ensuring courier jobs/payments are recorded correctly in the bookkeeping system
Purchasing + Production
- Organising material and component deliveries and collections
- Gathering weekly workshop/office orders
- Online price comparisons and purchasing of urgent materials
- Ensuring sufficient stock levels of standard samples
- Raising Pro Forma Invoices and Credit Notes
- Issuing VAT invoices post-dispatch
- Assisting the Production & Estimating Manager and the Junior Estimator with purchases and payments
- Raising Purchase Orders for Subcontractors
- Checking the bank for monies in, take payments over the phone and recording both in the bookkeeping system
- Matching Supplier Invoices with Delivery Notes ensuring any Purchase Order discrepancies have been resolved
- Great telephone manner
- Attention to detail
- The ability to work unsupervised
- Great customer service skills
- Previous Manufacturing / Purchasing experience is essential
- Strong Microsoft skills: Office 365, Excel, Word, OneDrive and SharePoint (desirable)
- Previous bookkeeping experience (desirable)
We endeavour to reply to all applications. However if you have not heard from us within 7 days you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements placed by The Sammons Group.
The Sammons Group is an Employment Business and Employment Agency as defined by the EAA Regulations 2003, and we abide by the Code of Practice of our industry body (the Recruitment & Employment Confederation - REC).
We are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and welcome applications from candidates regardless of age, belief, disability, ethnic origin/nationality, gender/gender reassignment, marital/civil partnership status, pregnancy/maternity, or sexual orientation - we recruit on the basis of talent. If you require reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We regret that as a recruitment consultancy we are unable to seek visas for applicants not holding current entitlement to work in the UK.