|Job Title:||Sales Executive|
|Salary:||£18000 - £24000 per annum + DOE|
|Contact Name:||Sammons Group|
|Job Published:||April 18, 2019 16:07|
This is an exciting opportunity for a Sales Executive to join a leading freight forwarding company in Southampton.
Core Activities, Duties and Key Tasks
- React to quotations received promptly, providing a fast turnaround time (1 hour of receipt)
- Use the bespoke in house quotation system to provide quotes
- For US LCL door to door import/export enquiries check inland rates via the overseas partner's website and record the quote reference on file
- Follow up on quotes promoting how competitive the rates are
- Keep a log of client feedback and circulate to the sales team
- When a booking is received, liaise with the booking department advising which carrier/haulier the rates were based on
- Ability to work at a fast pace
- Good organisational skills
- Ability to prioritise
- Working to deadlines
- Attention to detail
Education and qualifications
- At least one year's experience within a freight forwarding company
£18,000- £24,000 depending on experience
We endeavour to reply to all applications. However if you have not heard from us within 7 days you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements placed by The Sammons Group.
The Sammons Group is an Employment Business and Employment Agency as defined by the EAA Regulations 2003, and we abide by the Code of Practice of our industry body (the Recruitment & Employment Confederation - REC).
We are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and welcome applications from candidates regardless of age, belief, disability, ethnic origin/nationality, gender/gender reassignment, marital/civil partnership status, pregnancy/maternity, or sexual orientation - we recruit on the basis of talent. If you require reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We regret that as a recruitment consultancy we are unable to seek visas for applicants not holding current entitlement to work in the UK.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's