This is an exciting opportunity for a Sales Support Technician to join a leading insurance company based in Romford.
Core Activities, Duties and Key Tasks
- Responsible for the efficient handling of new business take-ups and for the preparation and distribution of accurate documentation to new and existing customers
- To confirm the insurance quotation details with the customer, ensure that cover is suitable for their requirements before initiating the cover on the system, and monitor that adequate levels of cover are applied and suitable insurers have been selected to undertake the risk
- To provide a comprehensive and professional service in accordance with guidelines and best practice
- To consult with the relevant Sales Technicians when queries or discrepancies arise concerning the preparation of quotations, costs and underwriting terms, and attempt to resolve the matter liaising with the Sales Team Leader / Manager where necessary
- To monitor the overall standard and accuracy of quotations being transferred through to the Sales Support Team, and liaise with the Sales Manager to rectify problems and increase efficiency, productivity and customer satisfaction
- To maintain a high level of motivation and strive for and achieve monthly departmental targets
- To offer a high standard of customer care to clients over the telephone and within the office and ensure that each enquiry is dealt with in a comprehensive, complete and professional manner
- To interpret and implement all cross-sell opportunities and promote awareness of the range of products and services that the Company offer
- Attention to detail and ability to communicate and correspond professionally with all customers
- Focus on customer care and excellent communication skills are essential
- Excellent telephone manner and call handling techniques are required
- Ability to perform efficiently and effectively working under pressure in a call centre environment
- Ability to work and participate as part of a team in order to meet personal and team service targets
- Must have 2 years' previous motor and/or household insurance experience
Basic £17,500 - £21,500 + team bonus Level 3 (plus Cert CII) £22,500 + team bonus
We endeavour to reply to all applications. However if you have not heard from us within 7 days you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements placed by The Sammons Group.
The Sammons Group is an Employment Business and Employment Agency as defined by the EAA Regulations 2003, and we abide by the Code of Practice of our industry body (the Recruitment & Employment Confederation - REC).
We are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and welcome applications from candidates regardless of age, belief, disability, ethnic origin/nationality, gender/gender reassignment, marital/civil partnership status, pregnancy/maternity, or sexual orientation - we recruit on the basis of talent. If you require reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We regret that as a recruitment consultancy we are unable to seek visas for applicants not holding current entitlement to work in the UK.