Our client is currently seeking an exceptional and experienced Senior Block Property Manager / Line Manager to manage a portfolio of long leasehold residential properties in Brighton and Hove. You will be a natural problem solver who is forward thinking and self-motivated, playing an essential part in the overall performance of the organisation.
Core Activities, Duties and Key Tasks
- Providing ongoing insight, training, and support to new and existing staff members
- Providing coaching and performance feedback to team members
- Monitoring individual team members' performance
- Communicating clearly and effectively at all times
- Identifying the need for corrective actions
- Ensuring quality standards are set for all processes, especially compliance, i.e. fire safety, health & safety
- Evaluating overall team performance and delivering 1-2-1 performance reviews
- Liaising with fellow Line Managers
- Providing the Managing Director with monthly reports, bringing attention to any issues that have been highlighted within each individual property manager's report
- Talent development - keeping team engaged and motivated, investing time and effort into their development
- Devising systems and procedures to facilitate the smooth running of the department
- IRPM Part 1 or higher
- Experienced in long leasehold block management (3+ years), with a good understanding of current legislation affecting residential property management
- A good understanding of residential leases, statutory compliance issues and CDM regulations
- Experience of budget management, financial control, and delivery of cost efficiencies
- Working knowledge of building management, systems maintenance, and repair projects
- Excellent time management with the ability to prioritise workload and work under pressure
- Excellent communication skills - written, verbal, and presentation of information
- Strong numeracy skills
- Good problem-solving skills - ability to analyse information and make recommendations accordingly
- Good IT skills - proficiency in Microsoft programmes; knowledge of Qube would be advantageous
- Full clean driving license - essential
Employee Benefits Package: Training; CPD; Employee Recognition/Reward Scheme; Team Building Events; Cycle to Work Scheme; Free Eye Test Voucher; Employee Assistance; Community Activities and following 2 years' service an additional 5 days annual leave entitlement.
Monday to Friday - 9am to 5.30pm (although addition out of hours work may be required on occasion)
We endeavour to reply to all applications. However, if you have not heard from us within 7 days you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements placed by The Sammons Group.
The Sammons Group is an Employment Business and Employment Agency as defined by the EAA Regulations 2003, and we abide by the Code of Practice of our industry body (the Recruitment & Employment Confederation - REC).
We are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and welcome applications from candidates regardless of age, belief, disability, ethnic origin/nationality, gender/gender reassignment, marital/civil partnership status, pregnancy/maternity, or sexual orientation - we recruit on the basis of talent. If you require reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We regret that as a recruitment consultancy we are unable to seek visas for applicants not holding current entitlement to work in the UK.