This is an exciting opportunity for a talented and experienced Building Surveyor to join an established and well respected independent Chartered Surveyors business based in Eastbourne.
- Salary: £30,000 - £50,000 (DOE)
- CPD Training Provided
- RICS fees paid
- Opportunities for flexible working
You will be responsible for providing a broad range of property and construction related services to private individuals, small businesses, landlords, solicitors, charities and churches, and public sector organisations. The position offers scope for an interesting variety of work in a friendly and professional organisation.
The majority of work is centred in Eastbourne with opportunities to travel throughout the region and in central London.
- 5 years' surveying experience
- Degree qualified or equivalent
- Residential surveys and defect analysis
- Preparation of specifications and contract administration for building works from inception to completion
- A track record of first-class communication and relationship building skills, dealing with people at all levels
- High quality and clear report writing ability
- Ability to take the lead from receipt of initial enquiry through to completion
- Track record of efficient working processes
- Adaptability and flexibility to cater for the diverse client base and work types
- A team-player
- Good IT skills
- Methodical, organised and with good attention to detail
- Sympathetic to the Christian ethos of the firm
- Professional, committed and works with honesty and integrity
- Ability to develop and maintain client and business relationships
Experience of some of the following is preferred, with a willingness to develop skills in the remaining:
- Experience working within a small practise environment
- Chartered Surveyor or equivalent
- Residential valuations for a variety of purposes
- Party Wall and Neighbourly Matters
- Schedules of condition
- Principal Designer
- CAD proficiency
- Expert Witness
We endeavour to reply to all applications. However if you have not heard from us within 7 days you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements placed by The Sammons Group.
The Sammons Group is an Employment Business and Employment Agency as defined by the EAA Regulations 2003, and we abide by the Code of Practice of our industry body (the Recruitment & Employment Confederation - REC).
We are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and welcome applications from candidates regardless of age, belief, disability, ethnic origin/nationality, gender/gender reassignment, marital/civil partnership status, pregnancy/maternity, or sexual orientation - we recruit on the basis of talent. If you require reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We regret that as a recruitment consultancy we are unable to seek visas for applicants not holding current entitlement to work in the UK.