An established leader in the design and manufacture of bespoke advanced process plant equipment are looking for an Electrical Design Engineer to join their highly skilled engineering team.
Working within the engineering team, the Electrical Design Engineer will be responsible for the design and support of the electrical power and control systems for the company's latest machines.
Salary: £40,000 - £45,000 (DOE)
Hours: Monday - Friday 8:00am - 5:00pm
Core Activities, Duties and Key Tasks
- Electrical system design using AutoCad Electrical (or similar) - 3 Phase and Single Phase power, 24 VDC, 4-20mA, 0-10 VDC, Ethernet, Modbus
- Electrical design of Control Systems
- Detailed design and specification for manufacture
- Analogue instrumentation including Thermocouples, Pressure Transducers, Gas Flow Meters, Pump (pressure and vacuum) Controls, Motor Inverters and Heating Controls
- Digital control of Valves, SOV's, Hydraulics and Pneumatics
- PLC Hardware (Mitsubishi Q Series, Pro-Face, Siemens or similar) with remote I/O
- Modular design of systems for cost saving and ease of installation
- Hands-on setup, testing and fault finding of control systems, in the factory and the field
- Managing own work load
- The ideal candidate will hold a Bachelors Degree equivalent or higher qualifications
- The ability to maintain and document all Design Office materials to stipulated Company Procedures and Standards
- A proven knowledge and understanding of manufacturing bills of materials at multiple levels is essential, as is the ability to identify BoM cost reduction opportunities without compromising end design or performance results
- Experience of the following is not essential but could help to support an application: PLC Programming experience. Data loggers (Eurotherm), Machinery directive, Low Voltage Directive (LVD), EMC Testing, ATEX Equipment, CE
We endeavour to reply to all applications. However if you have not heard from us within 7 days you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements placed by The Sammons Group.
The Sammons Group is an Employment Business and Employment Agency as defined by the EAA Regulations 2003, and we abide by the Code of Practice of our industry body (the Recruitment & Employment Confederation - REC).
We are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and welcome applications from candidates regardless of age, belief, disability, ethnic origin/nationality, gender/gender reassignment, marital/civil partnership status, pregnancy/maternity, or sexual orientation - we recruit on the basis of talent. If you require reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We regret that as a recruitment consultancy we are unable to seek visas for applicants not holding current entitlement to work in the UK.