|Job Title:||Senior Engineer|
|Location:||Eastbourne, East Sussex|
|Salary:||£38000 - £45000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Sammons Group|
|Job Published:||September 10, 2020 17:54|
This is a rare opportunity for a Senior Engineer to join an established Civil / Structural Engineering company based in Eastbourne.
You will be responsible for responding to enquiries, preparing quotations and managing structural and civil engineering projects from instruction through to completion including the generation and recovery of sales invoices in line with company targets.
Core Activities, Duties and Key Tasks
· Meeting with clients to determine project brief/requirement
· Managing projects and acting as project engineer
· Preparing reports, design/construction/planning drawings, structural design calculations and specifications all to current governing codes, practices and standards
· Selecting appropriate construction materials
· Preparing and reviewing risk assessments and method statements and acting as CDM Co-ordinator
· Obtaining statutory agreements/approvals to proposed/existing building works
· Specifying, arranging and reviewing site investigations
· Obtaining planning and/or building regulations approval
· Liaising with relevant professionals
· Monitoring and inspecting work undertaken by contractors
· Administering contracts
· Inspecting existing structures, reporting providing technical advice (e.g. subsidence, heave, landslip, professional witness, potential insurance claims etc)
· Preparing competitive and profitable fee quotations, securing fee quotation/project
· Ensuring project completions are profitable
· Preparing and issuing of invoices and overseeing the follow up of late payment/bad debts with accounts clerk
· Mentoring and developing of junior engineers
· Minimum of 10 years experience in role across commercial and residential sectors
· With Auto Cad, structural analysis design software and finite element analysis
· Of working with concrete, steel and timber
· In completing structural defect inspections
· Have Chartered status with ICE/ISE and to have completed appropriate CPD
· Postgraduate degree (usually an BEng or MEng) in civil or structural engineering that is recognised by the Institution of Structural Engineers (IStructE) and/or Institute of Civil Engineers
· A Full UK Driving License is Essential
We endeavour to reply to all applications. However if you have not heard from us within 7 days you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements placed by The Sammons Group.
The Sammons Group is an Employment Business and Employment Agency as defined by the EAA Regulations 2003, and we abide by the Code of Practice of our industry body (the Recruitment & Employment Confederation - REC).
We are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and welcome applications from candidates regardless of age, belief, disability, ethnic origin/nationality, gender/gender reassignment, marital/civil partnership status, pregnancy/maternity, or sexual orientation - we recruit on the basis of talent. If you require reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We regret that as a recruitment consultancy we are unable to seek visas for applicants not holding current entitlement to work in the UK.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's