This is an exciting opportunity for a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer to join an established engineering company based in Hailsham. The successful candidate will be responsible for the interpretation of technical specification requirements, engineering general and detailed design, CAD modelling and production of all relevant technical documentation.
Core Activities, Duties and Key Tasks
- Applying extensive engineering knowledge and experience in the effective design of company systems and equipment
- Applying professional design skills using Autodesk Inventor and Vault 3D modelling software, while ensuring safe orderly storage of requisite drawing files
- Designing all types of equipment and systems for Vacuum, Thermal, Pressure, Water, Hydraulic, Pneumatic, High pressure Gas and Induction heating
- Maintaining an awareness of European pressure standards and directives and critical pressure safety systems
- Working to agreed deadlines with a focused approach to given tasks
- Contributing to project development as an active team member with a diligent and positive approach to challenging situations
- Production of Bills of Materials containing sub-assemblies, components and purchased items
- Actively participating in problem solving tasks alongside the Design Office Team
- Actively engaging in technical knowledge building tasks and participating in any training requirements as required
- Ability to demonstrate a combination of technical experience, people and business skills
- Degree or HND in mechanical or electromechanical engineering (desirable)
- Minimum of 15+ years' engineering experience
- Demonstrate a strong commitment to improvement and attainment of quality standards
- Work consistently under pressure and to deadlines with meticulous attention to detail
- Working knowledge and proficiency of Autodesk Inventor 3D or Solid Works
- Must have a sound understanding of engineering principles and relevant standards
- Ability to calculate and assess engineering problems using both hand calculations and software analysis (CFD & FEA)
- Ability to design for Vacuum, Pressure, Water, Hydraulic, Pneumatic, High Pressure Gas and Thermal technologies
- Control and Instrumentation knowledge or experience (desirable)
- Self-motivated, with good verbal, writing and communication skills
- A full driving licence is essential
- Applicants must hold a current British Passport with the ability and willingness to occasionally travel abroad for short trips
£40-60k DOE plus 25 days' holiday + bank holidays; company pension scheme; private health insurance; annual profit-sharing scheme.
Monday to Friday: 8.30 - 5pm
We endeavour to reply to all applications. However, if you have not heard from us within 7 days you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements placed by The Sammons Group.
The Sammons Group is an Employment Business and Employment Agency as defined by the EAA Regulations 2003, and we abide by the Code of Practice of our industry body (the Recruitment & Employment Confederation - REC).
We are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and welcome applications from candidates regardless of age, belief, disability, ethnic origin/nationality, gender/gender reassignment, marital/civil partnership status, pregnancy/maternity, or sexual orientation - we recruit on the basis of talent. If you require reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We regret that as a recruitment consultancy we are unable to seek visas for applicants not holding current entitlement to work in the UK.