This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Production Manager to join a market leading Events Management company based in Eastbourne.
Salary: £30,000 - £40,000 (DOE)
Hours: Monday - Friday 08:15 - 5:00pm
The main purpose of the role is to be responsible for the end to end delivery of projects which must be delivered safely, competently, professionally and profitably. For this position all candidates must have previous experience delivering complete exhibition stands.
Core Activities, Duties and Key Tasks
- Understanding and recording the client's brief via end-client or Account Manager
- Providing regular and clear updates to Account Manager
- Purchasing goods and services in-line with company procedures
- Creating and amending client specifications and quotes
- Preparing and maintaining a costing spreadsheet throughout the project lifecycle and keeping to agreed profit margin
- Obtaining costs from suppliers and ensuring compliance with agreed specification
- On request, using pre-defined project management software to manage a project
- Creating and maintaining physical and electronic job bags
- Expertly communicating with the client being proactive to update throughout the project lifecycle
- Taking overall responsibility for the delivery of your projects
- Preparation of project timelines and production schedules
- Managing on-site installations safely and professionally
- Seeking and keeping record of written sign-offs internally and from clients
- Appointing, instructing and managing contractors in consultation with the Contracts Manager
- Invoicing a project in accordance with agreed payment terms, and ensuring payments are received before installation commences
- Maintaining a full understanding of the project specification and production methods, ensuring technical drawings are always up-to-date
- Reading, understanding and acting upon pre-defined event regulations
- Conducting on-site safety briefings with installation teams, upholding the Company's standards
- Preparation of health and safety RAMS documentation
- Conducting and documenting site surveys
- Instructing structural engineers and other specialist engineers
- Ensuring billable hours are understood by the project delivery team and are within agreed budget
- Arranging and overseeing the transport, handling, storing/disposal of items after an event
- Keeping a clear and auditable written record of all key decisions throughout a project's lifecycle, which complies with ISO 9001 requirements
- Previous Project Management experience including exhibitions, live events and fitouts
- Excellent coordination and organisation skills
- Excellent attention to detail, rigorous review of all documentation and drawings, and a willingness to maintain the high standards the industry demands
We endeavour to reply to all applications. However if you have not heard from us within 7 days you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements placed by The Sammons Group.
The Sammons Group is an Employment Business and Employment Agency as defined by the EAA Regulations 2003, and we abide by the Code of Practice of our industry body (the Recruitment & Employment Confederation - REC).
We are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and welcome applications from candidates regardless of age, belief, disability, ethnic origin/nationality, gender/gender reassignment, marital/civil partnership status, pregnancy/maternity, or sexual orientation - we recruit on the basis of talent. If you require reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We regret that as a recruitment consultancy we are unable to seek visas for applicants not holding current entitlement to work in the UK.