The Quality and Reliability Engineering Team analyze the ability of product and production systems to comply with customer and contractual requirements through established reliability factors. They design, recommend revisions and install quality control systems, develop and document analytical methods for establishing reliability of products and their components and conduct analysis on relative reliability with regards to cost, structure, weight, maintainability, facility of production, and availability of materials and equipment. Out teams develop, implement and monitor company environmental safety programs and policies to ensure compliance with federal, state, and local environmental, health and safety regulations and recommend corrective actions if necessary. They are responsible for policies and practices to comply with applicable government regulations and industry requirements related to product environmental compliance, the implementation and management of technical and testing standards and specifications, quality control and reliability programs governing materials, product and processes, resulting in the optimization of material and labour, as well as failure analysis, root cause, corrective action and customer communication.
Responsibilities and duties:
- To carry out inspections to company procedures and BS308 drawings
- Ensure that Customer (both internal and external) quality queries are dealt with promptly, efficiently and professionally.
- To maintain quality documentation in a neat and methodical manner, both in paper copy and or electronically.
- To conduct defect investigations and present written preventative and corrective actions
- To conduct audits of manufacturing and control systems
- To liaise with the other departments to ensure that corrective actions and/or reworks are undertaken, and that actions and/or reports are produced in a timely manner using PPSR's. (Practicle Problem Solving Report - 8D)
- To assist in other Quality Department activities, too include, but not limited to, daily KPI measures, creating return notifications for Suppliers and Internal rework.
- To observe Health and Safety regulations as laid down in company procedures and Government legislation.
- To carry out any other reasonable tasks as may be requested from time to time.
Education and background experience:
- HNC/HND in Mechanical Engineering or similar technical qualifications is essential
- Formal training in Quality Management System auditing. - AS9100 & ISO9000 is desirable
- Experience in using computer systems is essential
- Must be familiar with mechanical measurement techniques and be able to use electrical and mechanical measuring equipment
- Must be capable of reading BS8888 (BS308) drawings
- Qualifications and experience in auditing is desirable
If you feel that this role doesn't match your skills and expertise, please visit our website for a variety of Permanent, Temporary and Contract vacancies.
We endeavour to reply to all applications. However if you have not heard from us within 7 days you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements placed by The Sammons Group.
The Sammons Group is an Employment Business and Employment Agency as defined by the EAA Regulations 2003, and we abide by the Code of Practice of our industry body (the Recruitment & Employment Confederation - REC).
We are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and welcome applications from candidates regardless of age, belief, disability, ethnic origin/nationality, gender/gender reassignment, marital/civil partnership status, pregnancy/maternity, or sexual orientation - we recruit on the basis of talent. If you require reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We regret that as a recruitment consultancy we are unable to seek visas for applicants not holding current entitlement to work in the UK.