The Senior Test Laboratory Engineer will be responsible for conducting and coordinating mechanical, electrical, and environmental testing. The Test Engineer will review assigned test programs and perform testing to ensure products meet customer performance and reliability needs while maximizing laboratory resource efficiencies, following good engineering practices and ensuring integrity of the business is maintained by following all applicable policies. The position will report to the Supervisor of Product Development Engineering for the Test Team.
Required skills and experience:
- HNC or equivalent in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering, or significant experience in testing
- Background of mechanical experience
- Good soldering skills and manual dexterity
- Excellent attention to detail
- Proficient in MS Office Suite, use of MS Project a plus
- Ability to work in a hands-on environment
- Ability to work well with others of diverse backgrounds
- Electrical or Mechanical Engineering background. 5 years' experience. Harsh connected environments. Military products. IPC 610 soldered knowledge
- Experience in connectors and military would be ideal
- Conduct electrical, mechanical, and environmental testing on products for the purpose of Engineering Evaluation and Qualification
- Prepare samples using hand tools and soldering
- Run a variety of computer and microprocessor controlled test equipment
- Set-up & operate environmental, mechanical and electrical test equipment
- Review and summarize data
- Maintain the integrity of test results by complying with Corporate, Business Unit and local quality system requirements
- Review active test programs and final test results to ensure that performance requirements are met
- Capable of working to specifications, drawings, diagrams, and schematics
- Write test documentation and reports
If you feel that this role doesn't match your skills and expertise, please visit our website for a variety of Permanent, Temporary and Contract vacancies.
We endeavour to reply to all applications. However if you have not heard from us within 7 days you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements placed by The Sammons Group.
The Sammons Group is an Employment Business and Employment Agency as defined by the EAA Regulations 2003, and we abide by the Code of Practice of our industry body (the Recruitment & Employment Confederation - REC).
We are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and welcome applications from candidates regardless of age, belief, disability, ethnic origin/nationality, gender/gender reassignment, marital/civil partnership status, pregnancy/maternity, or sexual orientation - we recruit on the basis of talent. If you require reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We regret that as a recruitment consultancy we are unable to seek visas for applicants not holding current entitlement to work in the UK.