Site Maintenance Operative/Caretaker
Pay - Good
We require an experienced Site Maintenance Operative for our client based in Crowborough.
- Routine opening/closing of buildings and grounds throughout the year
- Operate heating and hot water plant in accordance with training/instruction and codes of practice, maintaining areas of plant in a neat and tidy state
- Carry out security rounds and procedures, maintaining perimeter fencing, alarms, fixtures repair
- Take appropriate action in the event of emergencies, such as fire; water bursts; break-ins; vandalism or accidents
- Assist with enquiries regarding repair/maintenance works, escorting workmen/contractors to site of works, inspecting/signing off works as necessary
- Informing Site Manager where repairs/maintenance are necessary or rectifying if appropriate
- Carrying out repair works to internal and external areas as scheduled
- Carry out replacement/cleaning of indoor and outdoor lighting fittings and diffusers
- Maintain up-to-date records of repairs and maintenance (in-house) carried out to the site
- Attend emergency cleaning requests such as broken glass, sickness, vandal damage
- Replacing damage where this has occurred and removing debris
- Carry out cleaning duties to halls, gyms and agreed areas
- Undertake floor treatment works i.e. preparation, application of polishes and seals and carpet cleaning as directed
- Move/transport furniture and equipment as required within guidelines of Health and Safety at Work Act
- Set out required furniture for examinations, assemblies and functions as and when detailed
- Accept/sign for delivery of parcels and other materials/goods and ensure distribution to appropriate storage/department, obtaining signatures where necessary
- Remove caretaking/cleaning equipment known to be faulty to workshop area and repair where possible
- Ensure adequate supplies of caretaking and cleaning consumables are maintained, and report to site manager when re-ordering is required
- Ensure deep cleaning is carried out to areas where major works have been completed
- Ensure standards of cleaning are maintained, dealing with defects and reporting these to the Site Manager
- Maintaining records of lettings overruns, call-outs and unauthorised site use
- General duties as required
This is a temporary role, initially for one term
We endeavour to reply to all applications. However if you have not heard from us within 7 days you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements placed by The Sammons Group.
The Sammons Group is an Employment Business and Employment Agency as defined by the EAA Regulations 2003, and we abide by the Code of Practice of our industry body (the Recruitment & Employment Confederation - REC).
We are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and welcome applications from candidates regardless of age, belief, disability, ethnic origin/nationality, gender/gender reassignment, marital/civil partnership status, pregnancy/maternity, or sexual orientation - we recruit on the basis of talent. If you require reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We regret that as a recruitment consultancy we are unable to seek visas for applicants not holding current entitlement to work in the UK.