This is a fantastic opportunity for a talented Developer to join a leading educational institution
In this role you will work as part of the team that develops, maintains and supports a student records system, providing an opportunity to make a positive contribution to the company and to the student and staff experience. You will participate in development projects that meet the strategic and operational needs of the institution, liaising with customers and suppliers to find the best solutions. You will also undertake support and maintenance work on these systems and services.
Core Activities, Duties and Key Tasks
- To be a technical expert taking responsibility for developing and delivering services related to business applications, such as the SITS:Vision student records system and e:Vision web portal; and to contribute to the formulation of strategies with their specialist knowledge
- To carry out project work on the university business applications and bespoke modules, including work planning, analysis, designing robust solutions, advising clients, consultation with team members, solving problems, etc. focusing on relevant aspects which are dependent on the stage of the project
- To ensure the production of reliable, accurate management information from administrative systems, to enable managers to inform their decisions on regular and ad hoc basis
- To train and support users of the services, both verbally and via documentation, to ensure they fully understand the capabilities and limitations of the systems, and the consequences of alternative actions when using them
- To design, agree, test, implement, document and follow all necessary or desirable measures to provide a reliable production service meeting service level definitions, and to ensure security of systems to prevent loss of data, loss of availability, errors in data, and violation of privacy
- To be aware of business and administration needs, of the business cycle of a university, of changing computing methods and equipment, and of the internal and external changes which impact upon clients within the university
- To undertake other duties appropriate to the grade of the post as agreed with the Lead Analyst/Developer
- Good knowledge of or a willingness to learn one or more of Oracle PL/SQL, SQLServer T-SQL and university business systems such as Tribal SITS and e:Vision web portal.
- Good knowledge of general business and administration practices to ensure an awareness of the commercial and administrative needs of a wide variety of customers and an overall understanding of their operations.
- Understanding of business analysis techniques and process mapping.
We endeavour to reply to all applications. However if you have not heard from us within 7 days you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements placed by The Sammons Group.
The Sammons Group is an Employment Business and Employment Agency as defined by the EAA Regulations 2003, and we abide by the Code of Practice of our industry body (the Recruitment & Employment Confederation - REC).
We are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and welcome applications from candidates regardless of age, belief, disability, ethnic origin/nationality, gender/gender reassignment, marital/civil partnership status, pregnancy/maternity, or sexual orientation - we recruit on the basis of talent. If you require reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We regret that as a recruitment consultancy we are unable to seek visas for applicants not holding current entitlement to work in the UK.