This is a 6 month contract
£92,000 to £97,000 pro rata
Our client is a world-leader in the integration of cutting-edge defence and security systems, delivering decisive advantage to military, government and civil customers worldwide. Our employee culture is one that thrives on innovation, embraces teamwork and possesses a strong will to succeed. The pioneering technologies and the quality of our people give us our competitive edge.
Degree in a relevant Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics or IT discipline (or equivalent experience).
- Participating in a project development team
- Lead small groups of software developers
- Facilitate execution of programme
- Provide status and cost/schedule information to lead engineer/programme manager
- Develop software design from system specifications
- Develop good quality code from the software design Support software integration and testing
- Produce technical documentation to support the software lifecycle.
- Demonstrable breadth and depth of experience/competence in software product design and development, or a background that provides the equivalent transferrable experience/competence.
- Experience in Tactical Data Link implementation is desirable.
- Demonstrable experience/competence in leadership& management of project engineering teams and development activities.
- A demonstrable ability to understand the software lifecycle and innovate.
- A demonstrable ability to build effective relationships.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Excellent analysis and decision making skills.
- A willingness to learn and develop any gaps in experience/competence.
- Current security clearance
Purpose of position:
If you feel that this role doesn't match your skills and expertise, please visit www.sammons.co.uk for a variety of Permanent, Temporary and Contract vacancies.
We endeavour to reply to all applications. However if you have not heard from us within 7 days you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements placed by The Sammons Group.
The Sammons Group is an Employment Business and Employment Agency as defined by the EAA Regulations 2003, and we abide by the Code of Practice of our industry body (the Recruitment & Employment Confederation - REC).
We are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and welcome applications from candidates regardless of age, belief, disability, ethnic origin/nationality, gender/gender reassignment, marital/civil partnership status, pregnancy/maternity, or sexual orientation - we recruit on the basis of talent. If you require reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We regret that as a recruitment consultancy we are unable to seek visas for applicants not holding current entitlement to work in the UK.