This is a 6 month contract
£92,000 to £97,000 pro rata
Our client is currently recruiting a Software Engineer Embedded Avionics on a contract basis. They are a world-leader in the integration of cutting-edge defence and security systems, delivering decisive advantage to military, government and civil customers worldwide. Our employee culture is one that thrives on innovation, embraces teamwork and possesses a strong will to succeed. The pioneering technologies and the quality of our people give us our competitive edge.
Purpose of Position:
This role is for a Senior Software Engineer who is looking to apply their software development experience and established technical aptitude in a new and challenging environment. The successful candidate will find themselves working on avionics programmes at various stages of the software development lifecycle, applying modern software engineering techniques on existing and new programmes. The successful candidate will have language, domain knowledge and experience relevant to the defence avionics embedded products. The successful candidate must have excellent interpersonal skills and be able to combine that with their technical knowledge to underpin their technical decision making.
- This role will be within a team in the development cycle of a defence avionics embedded processing system.
- The Senior Software Engineer will be responsible for the development and verification of software to applicable standards.
- Be able to demonstrate an advanced understanding of the challenges associated with software engineering of avionics equipment.
- Be able to demonstrate sufficient relevant software engineering and domain competence across most of the aspects captured below: DOORS UML analysis and design Embedded software development Ada 2012 SPARK Unit Test DO-178B/C PowerPC MIL-STD-1760
- Software configuration and build control Subversion
- Be able to demonstrate good written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Be able to demonstrate high levels of motivation, integrity and professionalism.
- Be able to demonstrate flexibility, commitment to delivery, and innovation.
- Hold current Security Clearance
A minimum qualification of a 2:1 honours degree (Software engineering or related discipline) or equivalent is required
If you feel that this role doesn't match your skills and expertise, please visit www.sammons.co.uk for a variety of Permanent, Temporary and Contract vacancies.
We endeavour to reply to all applications. However if you have not heard from us within 7 days you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements placed by The Sammons Group.
The Sammons Group is an Employment Business and Employment Agency as defined by the EAA Regulations 2003, and we abide by the Code of Practice of our industry body (the Recruitment & Employment Confederation - REC).
We are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and welcome applications from candidates regardless of age, belief, disability, ethnic origin/nationality, gender/gender reassignment, marital/civil partnership status, pregnancy/maternity, or sexual orientation - we recruit on the basis of talent. If you require reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We regret that as a recruitment consultancy we are unable to seek visas for applicants not holding current entitlement to work in the UK.