This is an exciting opportunity for a Specialist Speech and Language Therapist working between Seaford and Brighton locations. The role is advertised as a permanent full-time role, however, my client will also consider applicants who want to work a 20 hour week on a part-time basis.
- Responsibility for delivering an effective and efficient Speech and Language Therapy service
- Participate in future developments and promoting the Speech and Language Therapy role
- Delivery of communication assessments for new referrals and admissions and be responsible for their own case load
- Communicate effectively and work collaboratively with colleagues
- Attend medical therapy meetings and departmental Speech and Language Therapy team meetings
- Communicate complex and sensitive condition related information in an accessible way
- Enable others (e.g. carers, family members) to assist in the delivery of effective therapy programmes
- Write reports and provide written and verbal advice to others
- Develop negotiation skills in the management of conflict across a range of situations
- Deal with initial complaints sensitively, avoiding escalation where possible
- Form productive relationships with others who may be under stress and/or have challenging communication difficulties
- Use knowledge to inform sound clinical judgements/decision making for case management
- Make a differential diagnosis on the basis of evidence from assessment, seeking advice as appropriate
- Demonstrate the ability to reflect on own practice with peers/clinical supervisor
- Work flexibly across the organisation where the work patterns will be frequently disrupted, working with the demands of learner, carers, wider staff team, and organisational priorities
Education and qualifications
- Degree or Diploma in Speech and Language Therapy
- Registration with Health Professions Council (HPC)
- Member of Royal College of Speech & Language Therapists (RCSLT)
Benefits and conditions
- Term time only salary range (£22,313 - £26,236) for full-time (pro rata for 20-hour week)
- Full-time or 20 hours per week considered (Monday - Friday 8.30 - 4.30)
- Work in an active, challenging and dynamic environment
- The opportunity to utilise your own talents and interests
- Join a highly supportive staff team
We endeavour to reply to all applications. However, if you have not heard from us within 7 days you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements placed by The Sammons Group.
The Sammons Group is an Employment Business and Employment Agency as defined by the EAA Regulations 2003, and we abide by the Code of Practice of our industry body (the Recruitment & Employment Confederation - REC).
We are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and welcome applications from candidates regardless of age, belief, disability, ethnic origin/nationality, gender/gender reassignment, marital/civil partnership status, pregnancy/maternity, or sexual orientation - we recruit on the basis of talent. If you require reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We regret that as a recruitment consultancy we are unable to seek visas for applicants not holding current entitlement to work in the UK.