Speech and Language Therapist
|Job Title:||Speech and Language Therapist|
|Location:||Hastings, East Sussex|
|Salary:||£15 - £18 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Sammons Group|
|Job Published:||June 09, 2021 09:57|
Position: Speech and Language Therapist
Location: St Leonard's on sea
Salary: £15,000-18,000 Part Time: Negotiable, circa 25 hours per week
£26,427 Full time equivalent
Ref: T2DH2 5959018
A Primary Academy in St Leonard's on Sea for children from 2-11 years of age are on the market looking for a qualified Speech and Language Therapist to be based in the school in St Leonard's on Sea where you will manage the Speech and Language intervention.
This is a fantastic school who have circa 400 students in excellent facilities helping children to develop a love of learning.
The purpose of this role is to provide assessment, diagnosis and intervention to children referred for speech and language therapy including information to school staff, parents, carers and other professionals as appropriate. You will have duties including but not limited to:
- To be accountable for the impact of Speech and Language interventions across the academy and be responsible for:
- analysing referred children's speech and language needs
- providing both intervention and training others to provide intervention
- monitoring outcomes of programme and making relevant adjustments
- monitoring quality of input by support staff and offering feedback and support
- liaison with parents / carers and other agencies as appropriate.
- To be accountable for outcomes relating to the impact of Speech and Language work with the caseload of pupils
- To liaise with other agencies as appropriate and take part in regular SEND Strategy Meetings
- To conduct appraisal in conjunction with SENCO
- To be aware of policies, professional standards and requirements across the academy and work in line with policy
- To support planning teams in developing S&L programmes as part of the curriculum and to attend and support multi agency meetings at the school
- To contribute in a timely fashion to the process of assessment and review for Education, Health and Care Plans (EHCP), providing reports and attending multi-disciplinary meetings as required
- To improve outcomes for children with Speech and Language difficulties and support these children to narrow the gap in attainment.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Recognised Speech & Language Therapist degree level qualification or equivalent
- Registration with Health and Care Profession Council
- Member of Royal College of Speech & Language Therapists
KEY SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to work single handedly with individual and in groups
- Excellent interpersonal skills - including observation, listening and empathy skills
- Highly developed non-verbal communication skills
- Ability to be able to supervise and delegate appropriate work to S&L assistants
- Proven skills in prioritising and being flexible and adaptable to meeting competing priorities
- Negotiation and problem-solving skills
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- Application of the SLT assessment and intervention process
- Evidence of CPD
- Knowledge of professional standards and code of conduct and their application in practice
- Knowledge of a range of assessment tools and appropriate therapeutic interventions
- Knowledge of current evidenced based practice and application to practice
- Clear understanding of the role of S&L Therapy within the wider context of an individuals' health, social, emotional and community needs
- Working knowledge of safeguarding issues/policies/ Working knowledge of standards of record keeping
- Knowledge of RCSLT, HPC and HCT clinical policies.
- Training and presentation experience
- Supervision of support staff
If you feel that this role doesn't match your skills and expertise, please visit our website for a variety of Permanent, Temporary and Contract vacancies.
We endeavour to reply to all applications. However if you have not heard from us within 7 days you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements placed by The Sammons Group.
The Sammons Group is an Employment Business and Employment Agency as defined by the EAA Regulations 2003, and we abide by the Code of Practice of our industry body (the Recruitment & Employment Confederation - REC).
We are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and welcome applications from candidates regardless of age, belief, disability, ethnic origin/nationality, gender/gender reassignment, marital/civil partnership status, pregnancy/maternity, or sexual orientation - we recruit on the basis of talent. If you require reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We regret that as a recruitment consultancy we are unable to seek visas for applicants not holding current entitlement to work in the UK.