Staff Nurse - RGN - Palliative Care
|Job Title:||Staff Nurse - RGN - Palliative Care|
|Location:||Hastings, East Sussex|
|Salary:||£13.00 - £16.92 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Sammons Group|
|Job Published:||June 27, 2019 02:10|
Location: Hastings and Rother
Working Hours: 36 hours(days and nights)
Our client who specialises in palliative care is currently looking for Staff Nurses - RGNs to join their 'at home' team, providing individual's palliative and nursing care within their own home upon day and night shifts (7.30-7.30). Overtime hours are available. You will be expected to travel throughout Hastings & Rother and own transport is essential. Job description available upon request.
Main responsibilities of Staff Nurse - RGN role:
- To deliver palliative care in the individuals own home without direct supervision, using own initiative and acting independently within the bounds of existing knowledge and skills, demonstrating sound judgment and providing empathy and reassurance at all times
- To take into account and meet the physical, emotional, spiritual and social needs of the patient, their relatives and friends. To include assisting with personal care of the patient when needed.
- To monitor standards of care by direct observation and by giving and receiving accurate nursing reports.
- Provide telephone advice and support to patients, relatives and friends to allow effective palliative care to be delivered by the main carer.
- Complete day to day administration related to patient care, including updating Hospice and community notes.
- Help promote and maintain an environment conducive to meeting the needs of patients, their relatives and friends.
- Provide support and information to families and professional colleagues, including supervision of Healthcare Assistants as required
- To be aware of and adhere to all local policies/protocols.
- Provide support and assistance to the Team Leader
- Contribute to and influence practice development within the clinical areas.
- To liaise closely with senior colleagues and other professionals (District Nurse etc) involved in the care of the patient and family.
- Attend PHC, GSF ad EOL Registrar meetings as required.
- Liaise with external and internal parties to allocate and coordinate HCA night sitting service on a daily basis.
- Assist medical staff in breaking bad news to both relatives and patients and show compassion and sensitivity in these circumstances.
Patient Care Duties:
- To assist patients with their personal care and all activities of daily living whilst in their own home.
- To observe patient's general condition, in line with the plan of care.
- To help move, position and mobilise patients.
- To listen and talk with patients, their families and friends in a caring and sensitive manner and inform qualified staff of salient issues.
- To maintain confidentiality of patients and those important to them.
- Take responsibility for personal continuing development in order to enhance knowledge, skills values needed for safe and effective practice.
- Maintain a record of professional development.
- Participation in the supervision and mentorship of qualified staff, student nurses, volunteers and unqualified staff.
- Evaluate nursing practice by leading in research and clinical audit where appropriate.
- Deliver formal/informal teaching sessions when required and support others in providing education to colleagues.
- Assists with the investigation of adverse incidents if required to do so.
- Utilise appropriate risk assessment tools in order to identify actual and potential risk, implement the appropriate intervention and report the outcome to the Matron - H@H or Registered Manager.
- May be required to take on additional responsibility if required.
Ongoing Personal Development:
- To ensure that own professional development is maintained in line with the company's Development Review Process.
- To attend mandatory training, e.g. manual handling, fire safety etc. and to attend appropriate in-service and study days.
- Ensure the safety of patients, carers and colleagues through familiarity of Health and Safety hospice policies and procedures.
Benefits of Staff Nurse - RGN role:
- Generous pension scheme/NHS pension
- 35 days annual leave
- Working within a well established team
- Training and development opportunities
- Discounted gym membership
We endeavour to reply to all applications. However if you have not heard from us within 7 days you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements placed by The Sammons Group. The Sammons Group is an Employment Business and Employment Agency as defined by the EAA Regulations 2003, and we abide by the Code of Practice of our industry body (the Recruitment & Employment Confederation - REC). We are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and welcome applications from candidates regardless of age, belief, disability, ethnic origin/nationality, gender/gender reassignment, marital/civil partnership status, pregnancy/maternity, or sexual orientation - we recruit on the basis of talent. If you require reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process, please let us know. We regret that as a recruitment consultancy we are unable to seek visas for applicants not holding current entitlement to work in the UK.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's