Standards Room Quality Engineer
To manage the Standards Room, complete First Article Inspection reports and site gauge calibration.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS:
- To manage the day to day running of the Standards Room to meet the targets to support production and Customer re requirements.
- To complete Internal FAI reports with both to the required turnaround time and accurate.
- Complete Customer FAI reports with both to the required turnaround time and accurate. Liaising with Customer/Engineering as required.
- Manage the calibration System for measuring instruments and gauges, ensuring that recorded data is accurate and that "out of calibration" measuring instruments gauges are highlighted to the appropriate department.
- To assist/support in product failure investigations supplying measurement data as required.
- Provide monthly monitors to showing the output of the Standards Room.
- Maintain quality documentation in a neat and methodical manner.
- Carry out all inspections to company procedures and BS308 drawings
- Observe Health and Safety regulations as laid down in company procedures and Government legislation.
- To carry out any other reasonable tasks as may be requested from time to time.
The Chief Quality Engineer and Quality Manager together with other members of staff as required. Liaison with customer/supplier representatives when necessary.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND BACKGROUND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience in using computer systems is essential.
- Must be familiar with mechanical measurement techniques and be able to use electrical and mechanical measuring equipment.
- Must be capable of reading BS308 drawings.
- Good general education to GCSE level.
- ONC or C & G in Mechanical Engineering or similar technical qualifications
- Mechanical Inspector.
- Non-contact and contact measurement equipment.
- Computer, FAI and calibration software.
We endeavour to reply to all applications. However if you have not heard from us within 7 days you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements placed by The Sammons Group.
The Sammons Group is an Employment Business and Employment Agency as defined by the EAA Regulations 2003, and we abide by the Code of Practice of our industry body (the Recruitment & Employment Confederation - REC).
We are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and welcome applications from candidates regardless of age, belief, disability, ethnic origin/nationality, gender/gender reassignment, marital/civil partnership status, pregnancy/maternity, or sexual orientation - we recruit on the basis of talent. If you require reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We regret that as a recruitment consultancy we are unable to seek visas for applicants not holding current entitlement to work in the UK.