|Job Title:||Strategic Purchaser|
|Location:||Hastings, East Sussex|
|Salary:||£40000 - £45000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Sammons Group|
|Job Published:||April 25, 2020 02:43|
Reporting to the Aerospace Defence & Marine, Purchasing Manager, this position will involve taking on full ownership of Direct strategic vendors for all Electronics and Screw Machining Commodities procurement related activities. There may be a requirement for UK/EU/US travel.
What is the Buyer expected to do?
- Required to interact with all internal functional departments on business and purchasing related concerns.
- Effectively manage the Electronics and Screw machining commodities vendor base, in line with business unit and center led purchasing team goals.
- Provide monthly KPI reports and presentations to key stakeholders.
- Drive supplier performance improvements in key KPI's, in particular on time delivery performance, as well as quality, lead time, MOQ and payment terms.
- Deliver year on year cost savings in line with corporate targets, working with internal teams to identify cost reduction opportunities and Identify true cost drivers to help deliver competitive supplier pricing.
- Understand, apply continuous improvement, core values and principles.
- Drive core values, and demonstrate the utilising of these tools to achieve increased vendor KPI performance
- Identify supplier risks, and actively manage, ensuring necessary actions are taken to mitigate the risks.
- Take full ownership of the supplier relationship.
- Work closely with supply chain and operations to ensure continuity of supply to the business.
- Ensure compliance to company policies, procedures and quality standards.
- Represent purchasing in cross functional meetings and management reviews.
- Undertake any other tasks deemed necessary by the purchasing manager or other senior managers.
What your background should look like:
- Proven history of actively managing a diverse vendor base, successfully leading contract negotiations, driving vendor KPI improvement and achieving cost reductions.
- MCIPS qualification would be advantage
- Proven experience in Direct Strategic Procurement
- Experience of SAP PR3, MM modules.
- Demonstrated experience with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong and effective negotiator.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills demonstrated by the ability to communicate across all levels of the organization and with suppliers.
- Ability to manage both supplier and internal stakeholder relationships.
- Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize a rapidly changing set of objectives.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the demonstrated ability to effectively work under challenging conditions.
- Knowledge of contract construction and language, cost drivers and cost analysis, and supplier evaluation and approval process.
- The ability to travel within the UK/EU/US if required
- Values: Integrity, Accountability, Teamwork, Innovation
- They offer competitive rewards & compensation.
- Competitive Salary Package
- Performance-Based Bonus Plans
- Health and Wellness Incentive
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Community Outreach Programs / Charity Events
- Employee Resource Groups
If you feel that this role doesn't match your skills and expertise, please visit our website for a variety of Permanent, Temporary and Contract vacancies.
We endeavour to reply to all applications. However if you have not heard from us within 7 days you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements placed by The Sammons Group.
The Sammons Group is an Employment Business and Employment Agency as defined by the EAA Regulations 2003, and we abide by the Code of Practice of our industry body (the Recruitment & Employment Confederation - REC).
We are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and welcome applications from candidates regardless of age, belief, disability, ethnic origin/nationality, gender/gender reassignment, marital/civil partnership status, pregnancy/maternity, or sexual orientation - we recruit on the basis of talent. If you require reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We regret that as a recruitment consultancy we are unable to seek visas for applicants not holding current entitlement to work in the UK.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's