Supply Chain Manager
|Job Title:||Supply Chain Manager|
|Location:||Hailsham, East Sussex|
|Salary:||£40000 - £50000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Sammons Group|
|Job Published:||April 23, 2021 15:56|
An exciting opportunity to join a rapidly growing company based in Hailsham who specialise in the design and manufacture of bespoke advance process plant equipment.
You will be responsible for managing the company's purchasing of engineered components, materials and services supporting the design, manufacture and installation of large capital projects in metal processing equipment. You will head the company's purchasing ensuring all clients orders are delivered on time and within the agreed budgets.
- 7+ years proven engineering purchasing management experience ideally within large systems design, manufacturing, and subcontract environment.
- Have the ability to read and understand complex technical drawings and specifications.
- Have excellent communication, written and oral skills both internally and externally with suppliers and sub-contractors.
- Work closely with Design Engineering and Production Managers to coordinate and plan requirements according to project / contract deadlines.
- Investigate, develop, and negotiate with future new potential suppliers according to requirements.
- Apply significant manufacturing industrial technical knowledge within the areas of high-pressure gas, water cooling, induction heating, and vacuum engineering disciplines.
- Will confer concisely with Directors and other senior management members on project and purchasing status according to defined objectives.
- Will have clear concise, coordinated disciplined leadership approach to the company's current and future objectives.
- Will deliver projects according to agreed budget costs and lead times.
- To lead by example and develop a coordinated approach to the areas of buying, scheduling, and cost management.
- Have a clear concise understanding and application of cost / design management process tools.
- Managing a small team of purchasing and buying administration staff together with sub-contractors with a positive 'can do' attitude delivering large CAPEX systems according to agreed delivery and completion date time schedules.
- The successful applicant would ideally have a degree or HND with a Mechanical Engineering based subject with a minimum of ten years proven industrial / scientific equipment process equipment experience. Experience in metal melting process, vacuum or oil and gas systems would be advantageous.
- Requirement to travel overseas as and when required.
If you feel that this role doesn't match your skills and expertise, please visit our website for a variety of Permanent, Temporary and Contract vacancies.
We endeavour to reply to all applications. However if you have not heard from us within 7 days you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements placed by The Sammons Group.
The Sammons Group is an Employment Business and Employment Agency as defined by the EAA Regulations 2003, and we abide by the Code of Practice of our industry body (the Recruitment & Employment Confederation - REC).
We are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and welcome applications from candidates regardless of age, belief, disability, ethnic origin/nationality, gender/gender reassignment, marital/civil partnership status, pregnancy/maternity, or sexual orientation - we recruit on the basis of talent. If you require reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We regret that as a recruitment consultancy we are unable to seek visas for applicants not holding current entitlement to work in the UK.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's