The company are world-leader's in the integration of cutting-edge defence and security systems, delivering decisive advantage to military, government and civil customers worldwide. The employee culture is one that thrives on innovation, embraces teamwork and possesses a strong will to succeed. The pioneering technologies and the quality of the companies people give them their competitive edge.
Purpose of Position:
- Provide competitive Supply Chain solutions into both operational and proposal sides of the business
- Be the primary Point of Contact the specific Programme lifecycle and be the pivotal channel of communication between the Programme, Supply Chain and Subcontractors
- Guide engineering functions, to ensure that the design maximises the use of components that can be obtained through competition, use of commodities and COTS
- Establish and implement program plans for commodity and subcontracted procurements that achieve the program requirements
- Possess market knowledge to inform product and service selection
- Maximise and lead competition in a transparent, ethical and open manner, including meeting such requirements defined by the Customer Responsibilities Strategic Supplier Management
- Supply Chain Representative in major strategic business plans
- Providing regular project status reports to senior management
- Attending appropriate Programme reviews Identifying improvements areas and optimising where appropriate
- Supporting supplier cost reduction activities
- Driving the performance and management of subcontractors, suppliers and strategic partners to ensure the company receive and negotiate the very best terms and meet the cost/ schedule/technical performance requirements of the programs.
- Responsible for end to end Supply Chain execution and commitment to the Program and Business Area in meeting the ROIC, Cash, and EBIT contribution from the Supply Chain organisation.
- Effectively support communication of the SCM status (commodities and subcontract) during program reviews.
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Experience in Sub Contract Management
- Strong and demonstrable supplier negotiation skills
- Change Management experience Management of material budget controls
- Proven ability to lead and develop a successful team
- Experience of SQA & QA processes in an ISO accredited environment.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Degree level education or Equivalent.
- Experience of working in complex environments.
- Experience in designing and delivering strategic sourcing programmes.
- Experience of managing complex contracts.
- Proven experience in delivering result.
- Experience of contract manufacturing in the electronics industry would be a distinct advantage Lean /Six Sigma
If you feel that this role doesn't match your skills and expertise, please visit www.sammons.co.uk for a variety of Permanent, Temporary and Contract vacancies.
We endeavour to reply to all applications. However if you have not heard from us within 7 days you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements placed by The Sammons Group.
The Sammons Group is an Employment Business and Employment Agency as defined by the EAA Regulations 2003, and we abide by the Code of Practice of our industry body (the Recruitment & Employment Confederation - REC).
We are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and welcome applications from candidates regardless of age, belief, disability, ethnic origin/nationality, gender/gender reassignment, marital/civil partnership status, pregnancy/maternity, or sexual orientation - we recruit on the basis of talent. If you require reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We regret that as a recruitment consultancy we are unable to seek visas for applicants not holding current entitlement to work in the UK.