Hours per week: 37.5
The purpose of this role is to support people with learning disabilities with all aspects of daily living. Ensuring that they have maximum opportunities and choice for developing new skills and that they live fulfilling, varied and socially inclusive lifestyles where their rights, dignity and safety is protected.
- To identify and develop with each person an outcome based support plan, risk assessment and person centered plan which are reviewed and updated regularly.
- To assist with routine personal and domestic tasks, including personal care, household tasks and cleaning and promote a healthy lifestyle when shopping, meal planning, cooking and choosing activities.
- To monitor and promote each person's health and well being, ensuring that each person has a Health Action Plan, that medical help is sought when needed, dental, eye, hearing and other check-ups or treatment are undertaken and that changes in health and wellbeing are reported.
- To assist with participate in their chosen social, educational, leisure and sporting activities in the local community, taking into account their culture, faith, gender and sexuality and where desired, to support individuals to access volunteering or employment opportunities.
- To assist the person to improve his/her knowledge, skills and abilities through planned learning activities and experiences.
- To encourage new friendships and continued contact with family, friends and people in the neighbourhood and develop a circle of support.
- To encourage participation in the running of the service, offering meaningful choices and supporting them to make decisions which affect them and others.
- To administer medication when required, in accordance with policies and procedures and after completion of medication assessment.
- To liaise with other people involved in the care, including GP, Care Manager, family, day opportunities and other agencies.
- To assist with their benefits, budgeting and management of personal monies within the framework of the individual's financial assessment, where required.
- To foster good communication with each person, learning how best to communicate and to use their preferred method of communication.
- To enable people to access holidays of their choice and support where appropriate.
Previous experience in a similar role is required.
If you feel that this role doesn't match your skills and expertise, please visit www.sammons.co.uk for a variety of Permanent, Temporary and Contract vacancies.
We endeavour to reply to all applications. However if you have not heard from us within 7 days you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements placed by The Sammons Group.
The Sammons Group is an Employment Business and Employment Agency as defined by the EAA Regulations 2003, and we abide by the Code of Practice of our industry body (the Recruitment & Employment Confederation - REC).
We are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and welcome applications from candidates regardless of age, belief, disability, ethnic origin/nationality, gender/gender reassignment, marital/civil partnership status, pregnancy/maternity, or sexual orientation - we recruit on the basis of talent. If you require reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We regret that as a recruitment consultancy we are unable to seek visas for applicants not holding current entitlement to work in the UK.