surveying in relation to security for commercial and domestic prospects (and existing customers). This includes undertaking technical surveys of their premises, system design, tender application (including PQQ) and being responsible for the technical aspects of a quotation.
The role of estimating includes ensuring that the right equipment is put into the quotation.
This relates to pricing and putting together the product and technical elements of the quotation within an agreed timeframe for the prospect.
A solid engineering background is required, with a comprehensive technical and practical understanding of Intruder Alarm Systems, CCTV and Access Control. This includes the correct methods of installation. You will also need in-depth knowledge of British and European Standards relating to security systems. Other types of experience include:
- Design and installation of intruder alarms and CCTV systems in industrial, commercial, retail and domestic environments
- Working with and understanding customer and other associated trade requirements
- Application of site health and safety procedures
Experience in Fire Alarms, Access and Emergency lighting would be an advantage.
Advantageous health & safety qualifications and training includes:
- Asbestos awareness
- CSCS card
- Risk assessments and method statements
- Excellent communication skills both spoken and written and numeracy
- Have a good telephone manner and be polite, communicative and knowledgeable
- Be fully conversant with the following Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook and be able to use them in accordance with the company standards
- Typing and letter writing in relation to quotations and emails
- Ideally to have had previous experience in a similar type of role
- The ability to build good business relationships
- Be well organised and level headed in your approach
- The ability to work on your own initiative and as part of a team
- Ensure that deadlines are met and correct procedures followed
- Retrieve your own voicemails, monitoring electronic communication and replying to emails in an efficient and professional way
- Follow the company price lists and guidelines at all times and use these prices unless you get agreement from your line manager
If you feel that this role doesn't match your skills and expertise, please visit www.sammons.co.uk for a variety of Permanent, Temporary and Contract vacancies.
We endeavour to reply to all applications. However if you have not heard from us within 7 days you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements placed by The Sammons Group.
The Sammons Group is an Employment Business and Employment Agency as defined by the EAA Regulations 2003, and we abide by the Code of Practice of our industry body (the Recruitment & Employment Confederation - REC).
We are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and welcome applications from candidates regardless of age, belief, disability, ethnic origin/nationality, gender/gender reassignment, marital/civil partnership status, pregnancy/maternity, or sexual orientation - we recruit on the basis of talent. If you require reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We regret that as a recruitment consultancy we are unable to seek visas for applicants not holding current entitlement to work in the UK.